No. of Recommendations: 3
No one will be admitted by the writers to the Baseball hall of Fame this Year

I can't believe they are treating the Hall of Fame like a Hall of Fame and omitting Bonds and Clemens both of whom were eligible.

I like that no 'does he belong' candidate got in.

Hmmmm, haven't been there in a lot of years, time for a visit again this year I think
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
The only player I was hoping they'd vote in this year was Jack Morris. He has tons if wins, clutch World Series victories and all that... the only downside is his 3.90 lifetime ERA which would be the highest in Cooperstown. However he played in the American League meaning his ERA is automatically going to be higher because of the DH rule. That shouldn't be held against him IMHO.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The only player I was hoping they'd vote in this year was Jack Morris. He has tons if wins, clutch World Series victories and all that... the only downside is his 3.90 lifetime ERA which would be the highest in Cooperstown. However he played in the American League meaning his ERA is automatically going to be higher because of the DH rule. That shouldn't be held against him IMHO.

Great Pitcher, but at least to me, never really the dominant type you are talking about for the Hall of Fame. I never had the feeling that woe is me, when Morris was on the mound.

His big plus? Yes he was exceptional in the playoffs.

Pretty much, you are looking at Andy Petite. If you are a Yankee Fan, you will think he belongs(perhaps), but not really. Great intangibles, good teammate, downright nasty in the clutch, but not totally dominant.

IMO, wouldn't be a travesty if he got in, but it ain't Gibson/Seaver type who I see as a HOF pitcher.
Sooner or later their going to have to admit the Steroid Era players. Its a part of history, the baseball big wigs knew about it and turned a blind eye because people loved the long ball. And these jackwagons were the best of the juicers.

I'm just happy that Bonds never got a World Series ring. Ironic for a Giants fan.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 2
Sooner or later their going to have to admit the Steroid Era players. Its a part of history, the baseball big wigs knew about it and turned a blind eye because people loved the long ball. And these jackwagons were the best of the juicers.

We'll see. I tend to doubt it. It depends if it is ever actually accepted, then maybe, until then they were simply cheats.

They may have been the best cheats, but they were cheats

They may have been great, make that WOULD have been great without cheating. Hall of Fame great?

They do not belong. IF they really were Hall of Fame level cheats, they should have gotten away with it.

I'm just happy that Bonds never got a World Series ring. Ironic for a Giants fan.

The sad thing is that if nobody had juiced, probably all or nearly all of the superstars of that period would still have been superstars... without the asterisks.
The sad thing is that if nobody had juiced, probably all or nearly all of the superstars of that period would still have been superstars... without the asterisks.

But would they have been hall of Famers?

Look at the turns in some careers and improvements at ages when players usually fall off, at the same times it appears their heads are getting bigger.

Yes, they would all have been better than average Major Leaguers, there is not a huge difference between good and great and great and Hall of Fame
Advertisement