UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: radioresearch Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10  
Subject: BBGI Date: 2/12/2000 3:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings fools.

So what the heck happened yesterday? Why the SEC delay in approval -- and why NO support once the shares started trading? Was this just a case of too many Beasleys at the top and at the receiving end?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: beachyblade Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 10
Subject: Re: BBGI Date: 2/17/2000 9:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
greetings fool:

I would like to know what the hell happened also. As an investor I think the Beasley's need to reinvest some of the money they made off this ipo back into the company and make me some money.

Author: radioresearch Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 10
Subject: Re: BBGI Date: 2/22/2000 11:16 AM
"I think the Beasley's need to reinvest some of the money they made off this ipo back into the company and make me some money. "

Greetings fools.

Their SEC filing says that a big hunk of the money is going to pay off loans the CEO made to the company -- and the rest to paying down debt, so they can borrow
more money.

But the 4th quarter is usually radio's best, so we must assume that they had a killer 4th Q booked at the time they went public.

They wouldn't dare report a worse than expected quarter out of the box, would they?

BTW - I'm also long BBGI. Foolish?

Author: sammy9962 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 10
Subject: Re: BBGI Date: 5/13/2000 7:09 PM
Don't most owners make out pretty good on an IPO? This was a family owned business, what othe reason would they have to go public. George Beasley kept this company afloat back in the dark days of radio (late 80's - early 90's) when a lot of the companies this size got squeezed out. If he hadn't kept infusing capital, you and I wouldn't have the opportunity we do today. Does he deserve a little payback? You bet!

If you've looked at the news since your post, you will see that they have reinvested in the company.AM's in major markets. Why? Look at their other investments. A company that is going to make it possible for AM's to broadcast in digital sound. Right now, AM's are substantially less expensive than FM's. Once this change takes place, that won't be the case anymore.

If you bought into this IPO to double your money in the first session, you should have tried a .com. If you bought it for a solid long term investment - be patient. This stock is considerably undervalued. If you still believe, buy som more at these prices ($10) and lower your overall basis. You won't be disappointed!

Author: beachyblade Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 10
Subject: Re: BBGI Date: 6/21/2000 3:37 PM
I'm guessing that you are a current or former employee because that sounds like the typical response from someone who has been brain washed by their management.

I am in it for the long hall, but it is strange that an IPO is issued and NEVER goes up even 1/32 point. Please, explain this to me?

Also, what is the deal with Neil Rogers? Summers off, a million dollars a year and a signing bonus? Is he really that good or is his real last name BEASLEY?

Author: Cayobo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 10
Subject: Re: BBGI Date: 12/27/2000 11:21 PM
Hi Fools,

Yes, Neil Rogers really is that good.

Although his contract ends in a few years he should be syndicated in every BBGI market.

If your not in Miami, (I'm in Key West and listen on the air), you can hear his broadcast on the net here:
http://www.neilrogers.com

He is NOT Beasley...
He IS an overweight, balding, Jewish homosexual.
And he's the best voice for the expression of freedom of speach you'll ever hear.

He's not a paid shill for the left or right and never has been.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement