Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFHelical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39392  
Subject: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/5/2012 3:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Pretty good game, with BC scoring the winning goal with just a couple of minutes to play.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens-hockey/2012/11/05...

Planning a cub scouts outing for a game in February as well (UMass-Lowell)

Still some good hockey to be seen.

Ralph
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37060 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/5/2012 3:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'd do a Cub Scout outing with my son to a Michigan game at Yost... but they may learn a few new words that aren't in their handbooks. Especially if it's an MSU game.

/Michigan has been disappointing thus far this year, boo!

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37061 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/5/2012 3:54 PM
If they watch TV, they probably have heard worse. ; )

Icemann

Author: TMFHelical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37062 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/5/2012 3:59 PM
Colovion,

I've had the displeasure of taking my kids to a BC-Maine game in the past. The Maine fans would chant their support with a B-L-U-E .. Go Blue. The BC fans would respond by spelling out a four letter work of a different sort.

Groan.

One option for the kids is minor league hockey. The teams are a little more fan - friendly // entertainment oriented than the colleges. I may opt for a Worcester Sharks game for the scouts instead of UMass-Loweell, but the latter is a shorter travel. Lowell had a miinor league team until just a couple years ago, shame that isn't still around.

Ralph

P.S. - UMass-Amhearst has a monster Sophomore defenseman from Minsk. The guy is 6' 7", nearly Chara-sized. They had a couple of very quick skill players as well. Not as full and balanced a team as BC, but they should win a few games.

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37063 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/5/2012 11:45 PM
"UMass-Amhearst has a monster Sophomore defenseman from Minsk"

My Alma mater!

So is the NHL going to play in December? Not that I give a damn any more.

Author: TMFHelical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37064 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/6/2012 9:36 AM
So is the NHL going to play in December? Not that I give a damn any more.

No idea, and I agree.

Author: TMFHelical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37065 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/6/2012 9:46 AM
RB,

By the way, many of the UMass games can be watched via live streaming. It does require a subscription to CBS sports, but it looks like this is just $10 a month and provides for more than just UMass games (not entirely sure).

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-hockey/umas-m-hockey-...
http://www.umassathletics.com/allaccess/?media=326849

I think you would enjoy watching this team. Definitely some guys worth following. This is some very high quality hockey.

Ralph
Helical Investor

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37066 of 39392
Subject: Re: BC 3 U Mass 2 Date: 11/6/2012 10:37 AM
Thanks Ralph! Maybe I'll check it out.
:)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement