UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PoodleLover Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 31203  
Subject: Be A Weed... Date: 8/7/2012 2:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/2012011838_g4FBmxP-M.jpg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30301 of 31203
Subject: Re: Be A Weed... Date: 8/7/2012 4:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
And they are drought resistant too...

Author: SDMcR Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30302 of 31203
Subject: Re: Be A Weed... Date: 8/7/2012 6:18 PM
LOL!

But the weeds in my garden DO know how to grow in rows! In between the vegetables!

Of course, a weed is defined by where it grows. In the garden, it is a weed. Along the fence next to the driveway, it might be a wild flower.....

Susan

Author: gdett2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30303 of 31203
Subject: Re: Be A Weed... Date: 8/8/2012 6:38 PM
Susan,

a weed is defined by where it grows

Exactly! While I was still working, I took some photos around this place of various things including a number of wildflowers. I had pictures of Indian Blanket, Skeleton Flower, Indian Paintbrush, Bluebonnet, etc.

A guy I worked with asked about them. I told him they were wildflowers. He was interested and asked where I bought the seeds. I told him they were natives, growing wild. So he asked how I could call them wildflowers since they are just weeds!

Gene

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement