Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Be very careful. If either of you should generate more than $1000 in UBI within your IRA, the IRA will have to file a 990-T return and pay tax. Your K-1 should disclose how much UBI was generated. You might want to retain this in case of any future questions from the IRS.

I have no idea what UBI stands for. When I bought it, I thought I was just buying stock in a gas company. I have carefully looked over the K-1 and still found nothing so I'd appreciate any clues to what UBI stands for.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.