Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cmonkey Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122227  
Subject: Bean injuries Date: 3/6/2000 4:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I took the grrls to the park this weekend, as is stipulated in the contract, and Asher seems to have cut the large pad on her foot. (I call 'em beans, in case that isn't clear by now; Chunky Monkey has little pink beans, so cute!)

When she doesn't think I'm looking, she limps a little, but as soon as she sees me facing in her direction, she puts on the major injury walk and hobbles over for pats. I'm so gullible. She's so cunning.

No blood in evidence, though, so I guess it's just one of those things. But the poor baby!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3881 of 122227
Subject: Re: Bean injuries Date: 3/6/2000 4:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
When she doesn't think I'm looking, she limps a little, but as soon as she sees me facing in her direction, she puts on the major injury walk and hobbles over for pats. I'm so gullible. She's so cunning.

We had a dog like this a loooooong time ago. He stepped on a bee, and was limping around quite badly, until my mom got the leash out to take him to the vet. Then he was running and leaping with amazingly no injury! She took him in anyway to have the vet take a look at this foot. He looked and said, "Hmm, stepped on a bee? Well, you should keep a close eye on him.......................because he isn't too bright."

We still laugh about that one
Cindy

Author: TMFPsyche Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3889 of 122227
Subject: Re: Bean injuries Date: 3/7/2000 9:34 AM
Recommendations: 0
When she doesn't think I'm looking, she limps a little, but as soon as she sees me facing in her direction, she puts on the major injury walk and hobbles over for pats.

Hi cmonkey!

Just curious - have you checked between her beans? I'm sure you have, but I've seen dogs get tiny stones trapped between the beans. Can be painful!

One of my cats severed one of his paw pads in half and I *still* don't know how! It was awful! Bloody paw prints all over (he traveled a lot in between cutting it and finally coming to me on the couch). Required stitches and a bandage on his whole leg - oh that was an experience changing that bandage. It was a sad thing, but he healed quickly, and he made me giggle a lot as he hobbled on this cast-like bandage with a cone on his head (one of the elizabethan collars). He bumped into walls, fell over trying to clean himself... A sad story with some giggles in it, I admit.

Hope the beans are okay!!
Amy
TMF Psyche

Author: cmonkey Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3896 of 122227
Subject: Re: Bean injuries Date: 3/7/2000 12:26 PM
Recommendations: 0
Just curious - have you checked between her beans? I'm sure you have, but I've seen dogs get tiny stones trapped between the beans. Can be painful!

No, but I can tell it's not stones; there's a big old flap of bean that's been separated from the main pad (like she was opening a box and sliced herself). No blood at all, though. Kind of odd. But I suppose the flap will either fall off or get chewed off and we'll be on the road to recovery. But no park for her until then. Bad mommy! But I don't want it getting injured even more, and since she refuses to wear booties, she's sidelined for the next couple of weeks.

It doesn't seem to be bothering her as much as it was on Sunday, though, so maybe she's a fast healer.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement