UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60191  
Subject: Bear walkers Date: 5/2/2013 12:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.slate.com/blogs/how_babies_work/2013/05/02/bipeda...

Like Art sez, truth is stranger than fiction!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49293 of 60191
Subject: Re: Bear walkers Date: 5/2/2013 12:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
"I’m bipedal! You’re also bipedal. Who isn’t bipedal, really? No one brags about getting around on two legs. No one uses it as a pickup line (I presume). In our human-ruled world, bipedalism is so ubiquitous that we barely notice it, much less marvel at it."

I love that line: No one uses it as a pickup line (I presume).

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49295 of 60191
Subject: Re: Bear walkers Date: 5/2/2013 1:37 PM
Recommendations: 0
I was expecting a story about a guy with a grizzly bear on a leash.

intercst

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49296 of 60191
Subject: Re: Bear walkers Date: 5/2/2013 1:41 PM
I had read about this family before. It's too weird for words.

I don't have an explanation except for "duality and separation!"

Thems that walks on two legs and those that walk on four!

My mom was right, truth is stranger than fiction!

Art

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49390 of 60191
Subject: Re: Bear walkers Date: 5/6/2013 11:42 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for that link.
I hadn't seen that, after motor therapy, they learned to walk on two legs.
The last time I saw the story, it was assumed that the underdeveloped cerebellum was preventing walking.

Vickifool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement