UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41594  
Subject: Re: Where is BMW Date: 12/14/2012 10:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Because boards are wrecked and we are all poorer for it. I've seen three boards destroyed this way in the past few years.

We kill pests, parasite and bacteria all the time to stay healthy. We kill weeds to preserve the useful crops. We put murderers to death. Messengers are one thing, killers are another. Don't confuse them.

Denny, half the time I don't know if you're just being flippant and contrary in a light way, or if you are actually angry and upset. Unfortunately, there is no tone of voice or facial expression to accompany the written word.

If people posted "on topic" rather than spending their time complaining about what they, rightly or wrongly, perceive as complaining — whether tongue in cheek, or with genuine anger — perhaps boards wouldn't be so easily "destroyed?" (This is the groove you seem to be in at the moment!)

I have no idea whether you consider me a pest, parasite, etc. etc. with the other posters who sometimes disagreed with BMW and his method. But, almost without exception, there was reasoning and logic laid out in a relevant context in contrary posts. If a poster can't stand to have his views and assertions questioned and debated then likely there's little verity to them in the first place. It's an unfortunate truth that the amount of posts, effort, and generosity expended in sharing a "method" doesn't make something so that isn't.

When it came down to it the "BMW method" simply boiled down to: identify stocks that are experiencing a depressed stock price trend and then try and find out why. The identification can easily be done (without the hocus-pocus of "RMS" etc.) just by looking at any one of the readily available long-term stock price charts.

You can inflate the simple short core paragraph above with an enormous volume of the written equivalent of hot air, but when a pin pricks the balloon it pops and shrivels up. Is this not what happened here?

At the expense of repeating myself: one or two contrary posters can't wreck a board if it's sound, healthy, and active. Just as a balanced level of bacteria doesn't damage a healthy body, the bacteria makes it stronger.

kelbon
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement