UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Booa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Re: Living with parents to save $ Date: 8/26/2004 6:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
beeleaf, you know your parents best, so I would trust your gut feeling on this. I think you've gotten a lot of good advice on the thread.

I just wanted to add, the best case scenario here is that you save some money (which is nice) and maybe even get closer to you parents, have your relationship grow, but that the worst case scenario is, you have a big fight with your parents, and possibly do some damage to your relationship with them. You can try to figure out as best you can which way it will go beforehand, but no one can know for sure. I guess it's not something I would do, especially after a very nice but somewhat stressful two weeks at my mom's house with my husband and son. Even if I thought it would probably be okay, I think the risks outweigh the rewards. And (in my personal case) I would only think it would probably be okay if my whole family hadn't been there recently, and I got to see firsthand how it went.

And I love my mom, and she's great, but I can't keep her *and* my DH happy, they want contradictory things and they're both very similar people. I love them both, but oh, my goodness, I don't want to live with both at one time.

Anyway, just my two cents. Good luck with the decision.

--Booa

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement