Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39754  
Subject: Beer invented hockey... Date: 12/22/2012 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
and:
agriculture
the wheel
pyramids
medical technology
the USA
refrigeration
anti-biotics
automated production
etc.

You have to see this documentary!
How Beer Saved the World. On Netflix instant streaming (and many other sources).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1832368/

RB
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37090 of 39754
Subject: Re: Beer invented hockey... Date: 12/22/2012 6:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have not seen the documentary yet, but many years ago in the Economist they had an excellent article on beer and its role in civilization's development. They talked about one of the reasons that man became more 'stay-at-home' and agricultural based was the discovery of fermented grains. : ) I keep telling my wife that with enough beer, we can accomplish anything and everything. She does not believe me. : (

Icemann

Author: RBMunkin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37091 of 39754
Subject: Re: Beer invented hockey... Date: 12/22/2012 9:35 PM
Show her the documentary! According to it, without beer we would not have capitalism, farming, no space travel, housing, flush toilets. We'd be living in caves and still hunter/gathers. Which may not have been so bad really! Except for flush toilets. I could be a cave man but only if I had a flush toilet :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement