UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: W401K Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 79095  
Subject: Re: Foolish 401k Rollover to IRA Date: 2/15/1999 2:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Before you leave you're job, arrange to have an IRA account opened. You can do this at any bank or brokerage firm. They will assist you, they will love to have you're money. Once you decide where you will open an IRA, then when you leave you're current employer, go to the Personnel Department and ask for a 401(k) distribution form. Have the check made payable diectly to the firm where you will be opening up the IRA. Lets say you open an IRA with Small Bank USA. The check will read something like this....
"Pay to the order of "Small Bank USA"
FBO John Smith (Your Name)
FBO stands for For Benefit Of.
If the check is made directly to you, taxes will be withheld. To avoid this, make the check payable to the bank or brokerage where your ira will be. Any more questions, please e-mail me at Bill_1066@excite.com
Good Luck!!!! Hope this helps!!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2015!
Fistula Foundation: A World of Good!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Collected Mungofitch Quotes
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.