No. of Recommendations: 2
Being happy is a tough one. You have to find happiness where ever you can. When I have the kids and grand kids over for dinner and we are all sitting around the table eating and talking I tell myself enjoy this moment.

When I am in a store and I find a deal on something I am looking for I tell myself see how lucky you are be happy and enjoy the discovery.

Happiness is day to day in my life. You never know when that diagnosis will be delivered or the accident is waiting to happen. So when I drive to work I tell myself don't yell at the idiot in the other lane doing dumb things enjoy the drive to work and be happy you have a decent job that pays you enough to keep a roof over your head, help your kids and build for your retirement.

We have to take what life hands out but any time even a simple thing happens tell yourself to enjoy it. The flowers blooming in the flower beds, the roses opening up, the vegetable plants showing their crop. Stop, stare at it and take it in.

Or walk around and be angry and disappointed every day and find everything you can about what is wrong and ignore everything else and miss out on the small things that can bring you happiness if you are paying attention.

Nick
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement