UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ApacheMech Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308349  
Subject: Below 6k CC Debt Date: 2/16/2006 7:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16
Well, fellow Fools,
I have some pretty good news. I am almost done with my Iraq deployment! My flight kept getting pushed back and pushed back and now I am told I will leave in a little more than a week. I definitely can't wait to be back on US soil.
I found a solution to my prior problem about having to sell my house and getting rid of the second mortgage. I am wondering if it is at all possible to do it, though. I have six rent houses that are paid for in TX and I was going to try to put some kind of mortgage on them to pay this 2nd mort off. It will get me a much lower interest rate and I won't have to worry about paying it off all at once.
I have recently got my income tax return in and paid almost all of my CC debt off as well as the small loans we have acquired since I deployed. I am now down to 6k in CC debt on one card. I will get that paid off as soon as I get to where I am going. My E-fund is over 2k and it is also going to stay that way until I get settled. The move is obviously paid for through the military and they usually over pay like crazy (1.5k usually) and I usually pocket the diff to make up for gas and rent for the first couple of months. I will use it this time for CC paydown or something because I already have money for that. It really does pay for being organized!
I am going to just rent a house because I plan to go to drill sergeant school after I get promoted which will happen within 8 months of me getting settled. It also means, I am going to be stateside for two or three years. HORRAY!!!! Two deployments to Iraq have been heck on the family and I need a little R&R.
I hope my next couple of posts are going to be as full of joy and good news as this one! Next post, I will be stateside in my own house. Fare well for a little bit.
Apachemech
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement