Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFAttila Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30  
Subject: Bergen Brunswig Deal Date: 11/9/1998 11:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Bergen Brunswig (NYSE: BBC) signed a stock purchase agreement to acquire Stadtlander Drug Co., wholly owned subsidiary of Counsel Corp. (Nasdaq: CXSNF) for approximately $400 million. Part of the deal gives Bergen the right to vote Counsel's shares of PharMerica, Inc. (Nasdaq: DOSE) (about 9% of outstanding DOSE shares) under certain circumstances. For complete details, click "news" above.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kjs1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20 of 30
Subject: Re: Bergen Brunswig Deal Date: 11/11/1998 9:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone see the combination of this deal and DOSE's hiring of DLJ as the prelude to a sale?

Also, while I expected growth turbulence, the latest news is the first I've heard regarding the poor performance of the 5 pharmacies and the troubles with customer payments. While my basis is low, I wonder if those investors who bought in the teens are thinking "lawsuit"?

Looking for better news,
kjs1

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement