UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (132) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 745940  
Subject: Re: Here's why Libs don't get it Date: 1/12/2013 2:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Beridan:"I am fully in favor of working on all of these issues as well, however not to the exclusion of gun proliferation and guns falling into the wrong hands."

You'd be a lot better off addressing drug addiction, the need for druggies to commit crimes by the millions to get their Oxycotin and other mind altering drugs, along with heroin and crack cocaine.

I'd start by executing anyone with a meth lab or in possession with intent to distribute cocaine, meth, heroin, crack, ecstasy, date rape drugs......

Quick trials....and a quick execution. That would cut gun and gang violence by 95% in less than a year.

And no, you are only interested in token legislation, depriving honest folks on the right to own a gun, and putting all sorts of impediments in their way to buy a gun, which will do nothing to keep them out of criminals hands. Remember, it is already a felony for a convicted felon to have a gun. or to even try to buy one.

There were 100 cases last year where felons tried to buy a gun legally. The fed system rejected them. Only nine of the cases were followed up on by the FBI, and the other 91 were just ignored!....your criminals trying to buy guns, and you libs didn't even bother to investigate and put them in jail!.......wow!...

and you want more laws you'll only selectively enforce? why? there are 20,000 gun laws now!

one more won't do anything but hassle innocent citizens.

Why don't you take a gun class and learn about firearms instead of being a gun fearing ninny?

-------

---------

Beridan:"If your wife was diagnosed with cancer and your kid broke their arm, would you postpone getting your kid's arm treated until your wife's cancer was addressed? You seem to be saying we can only work on one issue at a time."

No..since my wife would likely only go once a month for cancer treatment and it could easily be scheduled around getting my kid to the emergency room to take care of the broken arm.

Congress can't even work on one item at a time.

Show me a budget, now 4 years overdue.

Only they have time to pass 100 stupid laws a year designating things like city XX is the purple xyz flower capital of the world and june XX is national hot dog appreciation day and such silliness.

So what 'law' do you think would actually keep guns out of criminals hands? Be specific. Remember, 99% of the time, criminals can have their partner, spouse, ex, boyfriend, or other legally buy a gun, which later gets stolen and the perp has it. that, too, is a crime to buy a gun for someone else...but it doesn't seem to stop the crime element, nor would 'registering' them do anything to stop that, right?

SO give me a good law you would come up with that would not hassle the innocent citizens and actually stop gun crime!...please!....

t
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (132) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement