Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: william52 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8074  
Subject: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 10/30/2006 7:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sorry if the is not the correct board but when I type in BRKB, the IV ticker for Berkshire Hathaway, CAPS informs me that it is an invalid ticker. What might the ticker be. Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: william52 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3792 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 10/30/2006 8:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Very sorry about my mistake. It's very early in the morning here and I've been up most of the night. The correct ticker is BERK. Apologies. W>

Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3793 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 10/30/2006 8:31 PM
Very sorry about my mistake. It's very early in the morning here and I've been up most of the night. The correct ticker is BERK. Apologies. W>

No, BERK is Berkshire Bancorp. BRK-B is what you want. And why not use the "A" shares? It's not as though it's real money. Come to think, I'm going to add it right now!

I again urge TMF to find a different data supplier. The way Yahoo changes tickers is idiotic.

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3794 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 10/30/2006 8:40 PM
Sorry if the is not the correct board but when I type in BRKB, the IV ticker for Berkshire Hathaway, CAPS informs me that it is an invalid ticker. What might the ticker be. Thanks.

Hi William,

CAPS will recognize brk.b if you type in the symbol with a dash, instead of a period before the final "b"---so it looks like: brk-b.

Hope this helps!

Tony

Author: dgalbraith100 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3795 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 10/30/2006 9:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
This question is asked often enough, why not put a special rule that maps BRKB/BRKA and BRK.B/BRK.A to be BRK-B/BRK-A, so they all map to be whatever the "correct" symbol of the month is.

Laters,
-d.

Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3812 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 10/31/2006 9:01 PM
This question is asked often enough, why not put a special rule that maps BRKB/BRKA and BRK.B/BRK.A to be BRK-B/BRK-A, so they all map to be whatever the "correct" symbol of the month is.

Well, there are other stocks with symbols in the tickers, but since BRK is so popular, I agree they should do that.

It's dumb. Lots of companies have ClassA/ClassB shares and they're just listed as XYZA AND XYZB or whatever.

I don't like share classes but that's another article.

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4168 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 12/3/2006 6:52 PM
Recommendations: 1
There are two "tickers" for Berkshire Hathaway, the A stock = BRK-A; the B stock = BRK-B. They both pay the same Outstanding Dividend of ZERO, for two possible reasons Warren Buffett does not like to pay taxes on his Dividends, and Warren Buffett is not all that shareholder friendly, but you are welcome to come along for the ride, if you "Play Nice, by His Rules"!

Any other questions?

Small Holder of Berkshire Hathaway shares.

Kahuna,CFA

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4169 of 8074
Subject: Re: Berkshire Hathaway Ticker Date: 12/3/2006 6:58 PM
This question is asked often enough, why not put a special rule that maps BRKB/BRKA and BRK.B/BRK.A to be BRK-B/BRK-A, so they all map to be whatever the "correct" symbol of the month is. - dgalbraith100 | Date: 10/30/06 9:26 PM | Number: 3795

A better question would be why won't Warren B. split the stock and combine the two classes of shares that pays a dividend.

The answer is He Wants (and has) absolute control, he does not like paying taxes on any dividends that might be declared so he does not pay them.

Kahuna,CFA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement