Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Barolo97 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9208  
Subject: Best books...an opinion Date: 4/9/2006 11:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The best book that I have read in the last year on the topic of chess are:

Bobby Fischer Goes to War

The Life and Games of Mikhail Tal

Grand Strategy

How about you?

Peace,
Nate
Print the post Back To Top
Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9140 of 9208
Subject: Re: Best books...an opinion Date: 4/15/2006 5:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I liked Silman's Reassess Your Chess, as it was the first book I read and gave me some nice strategic pointers. Unfortunately for my chess playing, poker soon followed, and I can't make money playing chess.....

- C -

Author: bpogo3 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9141 of 9208
Subject: Re: Best books...an opinion Date: 4/23/2006 9:45 PM
and I can't make money playing chess.....

True, but that doesn't mean you have to stop playing entirely. I haven't been doing much of either lately as I have picked up and moved back to China again but as things start to smooth out I plan to start playing again. I still play chess on Gameknot and find it doesn't require that much time to still play and maintain 10-20 games at a time.

Regards,
Bill

Author: THBR One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9143 of 9208
Subject: Re: Best books...an opinion Date: 5/5/2006 10:15 AM
David Bronstein: Zurich 1953

Lev Alburt & Roman Peltz: Comprehensive Chess Course, Volume II

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement