UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: qaddy Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: best broker to use for Roth? Date: 1/3/2005 5:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone have any suggestions for the best broker to use for opening a Roth IRA?

I will most likely use the IRA to purchase individual stocks and ETF's. I have a regular margin Ameritrade account that I just emptied into Freetrade. I think some other brokers might be cheaper and more suited to IRA's. any thoughts?

qaddy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43856 of 74759
Subject: Re: best broker to use for Roth? Date: 1/3/2005 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I will most likely use the IRA to purchase individual stocks and ETF's. I have a regular margin Ameritrade account that I just emptied into Freetrade. I think some other brokers might be cheaper and more suited to IRA's. any thoughts?

I recently opened a taxable account with Scottrade and plan to also open a Roth IRA there for my stock portion of my retirement account. Up until this point, my IRAs have been held at Vanguard and that is where I invest in my Vanguard funds.

dt

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement