Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: totsubo Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63849  
Subject: Best online broker offering TSFA accounts? Date: 8/30/2012 10:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm looking for an online broker that offers TFSA accounts for my mother. Most important is a TFSA account and low fees. I've manage to convince her that her broker who's been earning her 2.7% is no better than a high interest saving account.

I was going to go with IB (I have an account there) but I just found out that they don't have TFSA accounts.

A few details, she has a current portfolio worth about $20k and she's 70.

Any recommendations appreciated!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62979 of 63849
Subject: Re: Best online broker offering TSFA accounts? Date: 8/30/2012 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
totsubo

I use questrade for both myself and my wife's TFSA as well as my trading account.

http://www.questrade.com/

Cheap trades, virtually everything online including a quick chat feature and all of your documentation.

IB doesn't do TFSA because they are US based and don't want the hassle.

Tim

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement