Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2728  
Subject: Best Time to Dumpster Dive? Date: 10/23/2009 7:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
When Is the Best Time of the Day to Dumpster Dive?

According to some guys on the web:

"Between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Early evening is best because apartment dwellers often take their trash to the dumpster after they eat dinner, and businesses do so at the end of the workday. If they're throwing out any good stuff, that's when they'll do it, and that's when the experienced dumpster divers will be there waiting."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: elvistmf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2700 of 2728
Subject: Re: Best Time to Dumpster Dive? Date: 10/26/2009 9:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
sounds good to me

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2701 of 2728
Subject: Re: Best Time to Dumpster Dive? Date: 10/28/2009 10:00 AM
Recommendations: 2
We used to find that early morning was the best -- really early. That way, nobody was around to catch us. And the stuff that had been thrown out the night before was still there.

phantomdiver

Author: TheBreeze Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2703 of 2728
Subject: Re: Best Time to Dumpster Dive? Date: 4/8/2010 5:46 PM
I've picked a few things out of the trash on my way to work. So, if it's later than 8:00, there aren't as many people out and I don't feel so sheepish. Wait too long, though, and the garbage man has already visited.

Some people put salvageable stuff out a couple days before garbage day. I saw a Cardioglide on the way to church one morning, and picked it up after dusk that evening. I've grabbed a couple dehumidifiers and other things that fit in my trunk, but every once in a while I need to go home and get the van. Whether I do that at lunch or after work (or even right away) depends on how much I want the thing that's set out.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement