Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81664  
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/13/2012 12:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Better look out, Bob. One of the things I've been required to learn in the Middle School Education program is Ninja Martial Arts 543 (graduate level). Apparently Middle Schoolers are a bit rougher than they used to be way back when.

One of my friends, since Lutheran Grade School, played football in high school (and I played baseball a little wid him when I was in my early teens - I got to play pitcher, cuz I could throw a hardball 62 MPH when I wer eleventeen - cough. Da Little League coach of the team took me out of a game when I threw a wild pitch (which often happened) and broke a batter's forearm ~ Our team wer winnin' da game, until da coach took me out - Most of da batters on da udder team took der stance outside of da batter's box - smart dem. I once caught this guy at his home: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Parker_%28baseball%29 and realized my limitations.

At our 45-year class reunion, I talked with the guy who caught for both me and another class member who threw a baseball faster than I did. I apologized for being so wild. He told me, "You weren't nearly as bad as Mike - He routinely hit the front of the plate!!" <BG>

Wer wuz I - Oh yeah, I now 'member - My friend, Don (I'll leave out his last name, cuz him don't like receiving hate mail) has "coached" gym and high school football, wid a couple of State Championships - I dunno what State... I'm thunking da state of Georgia, cuz dey don't need to wear no helmuts der, dem. <g>

Anyway, da first thing that he sed he done did wid a new class wuz to confiscate der cell phones - He sed dat cut da athletes' drug trafficking by 99%, and den he ran 'em, until der were holes in der shoes - Great guy, axually - I talked with him about going fishing with me at Coffeen Lake. I look forward to it.

Bob
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement