Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JamesBrown Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445749  
Subject: Biblical textbook: Trail of Tears Led to Christ Date: 10/9/2012 6:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 32
http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2012/07/photos-evange...

Thanks to a new law privatizing public education in Louisiana, Bible-based curriculum can now indoctrinate young, pliant minds with the good news of the Lord—all on the state taxpayers' dime...

...Zack Kopplin, a gutsy college sophomore who's taken to Change.org to stonewall the program, has identified at least 19 [standards] that teach or champion creationist nonscience and will rake in nearly $4 million in public funding from the initial round of voucher designations.

Some of the choice bits:

2. Dragons were totally real: "[Is] it possible that a fire-breathing animal really existed? Today some scientists are saying yes. They have found large chambers in certain dinosaur skulls…The large skull chambers could have contained special chemical-producing glands. When the animal forced the chemicals out of its mouth or nose, these substances may have combined and produced fire and smoke."—Life Science, 3rd ed., Bob Jones University Press, 2007

3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ."—America: Land That I Love, Teacher ed., A Beka Book, 1994

6. The KKK was A-OK: "[The Ku Klux] Klan in some areas of the country tried to be a means of reform, fighting the decline in morality and using the symbol of the cross. Klan targets were bootleggers, wife-beaters, and immoral movies. In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians."—United States History for Christian Schools, 3rd ed., Bob Jones University Press, 2001

Lots more....
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410628 of 445749
Subject: Re: Biblical textbook: Trail of Tears Led to Chr Date: 10/9/2012 6:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
I hope someone is challenging in federal court. I don't expect anything from LA courts, or their people. Especially not after reading that.

Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410643 of 445749
Subject: Re: Biblical textbook: Trail of Tears Led to Chr Date: 10/10/2012 5:04 AM
Your tax dollars at work.

PF

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410650 of 445749
Subject: Re: Biblical textbook: Trail of Tears Led to Chr Date: 10/10/2012 9:48 AM
Oh holey $#!+, gah!!!!

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410651 of 445749
Subject: Re: Biblical textbook: Trail of Tears Led to Chr Date: 10/10/2012 9:57 AM
Recommendations: 4
"3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ."—America: Land That I Love, Teacher ed., A Beka Book, 1994

Why start there? Why not give the young students Columbus' own description of how he brought Christ to the Arawaks:

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Zinn/Columbus_PeoplesHx.ht...

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410672 of 445749
Subject: Re: Biblical textbook: Trail of Tears Led to Chr Date: 10/10/2012 12:34 PM
Why start there? Why not give the young students Columbus' own description of how he brought Christ to the Arawaks:

It was also the excuse the Teutonic Knights had for slaughtering the Prussians. By the time the Teutonic Knights were done there were no Prussians.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement