UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977409  
Subject: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 6:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
He said the Embassy never requested additional security. Congressional testimony from only 3 days ago contradict him. The same testimony said it wasn't about funding either, they had the money just not the permission to increase funding.

Then again, that's only one Biden lie in a night of interuptions, smirks, lies and false claims.

That's the Obama-Biden way.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823640 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 6:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"He said the Embassy never requested additional security."

No. He didn't.

Ken

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823645 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 7:37 AM
Recommendations: 4
Yes he did...

During VP debate, Biden said 'we weren't told' that the consulate had asked for more security

Maybe he meant Biden personally wasn't told, but the administration was told. You can watch the video yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216556/Vice-Preside...

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823647 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 7:43 AM
Recommendations: 8
And some more...

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/10/11/biden_con...

Author: benhancockjr Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823652 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 8:08 AM
Recommendations: 1
The buck stops where?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823707 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:16 AM
"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

And you think every request by an embassy for security makes it to the president's desk for a decision?

The buck may stop there, but Biden didn't lie.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823708 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:17 AM
That doesn't conflict with such requests not making their way to the WH.

And I don't mean to be too cynical here, but I would imagine that kind of request has been made routinely all around the world since the end of WW2.

And I also imagine a number of considerations, from budget to image to perceived necessity, go into how the request is responded to.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823710 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:20 AM
"The buck stops where? "

We ain't talkin' about the "buck." We were talking about whether there was a particular "lie" or not.

Of course the buck stops at the WH (although it detoured somewhere else for the 8 GWB years). The ultimate responsibility stays with the WH, and Biden made it clear that the WH is taking action to find out what went wrong and how to prevent a reoccurrence.

Ken

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823713 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:20 AM
Recommendations: 36
Odd that the same folks who gave Bush and Rice a complete pass on dismissing the repeated warnings about Al Qaeda before 9-11 are soooo intent on pinning the blame for Benghazi on Obama and Clinton. Besides, a few extra armed men at the consulate would have made zero difference.

Author: wolsey1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823727 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:42 AM
Odd that the same folks who gave Bush and Rice a complete pass on dismissing the repeated warnings about Al Qaeda before 9-11 are soooo intent on pinning the blame for Benghazi on Obama and Clinton.

And let's not forget their silence about Sept 10, 2001, when Ashcroft directed department heads to slash budgets, including counterterrorism.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823734 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:49 AM
Recommendations: 5
Odd that the same folks who were soooo intent on pinning the blame on Bush and Rice for dismissing the repeated warnings about Al Qaeda before 9-11 are giving a complete pass on Benghazi on Obama and Clinton.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823744 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 11:11 AM
Recommendations: 4
Odd that the same folks who were soooo intent on pinning the blame on Bush and Rice for dismissing the repeated warnings about Al Qaeda before 9-11 are giving a complete pass on Benghazi on Obama and Clinton.

Not really, considering the circumstances.

I don't think anyone has shown yet that Obama or Clinton even knew about the security requests from Tripoli. National security officials implored "with their hair on fire" with Bush and Rice to take Al Qaeda more seriously. Justice cut the anti-terrorism budget on 9-10.

Second, even had the security request been granted, it wouldn't have prevented or stopped the attack in Benghazi, so it's kind of beside the point. You might say the same about 9-11 -- that even had Bush taken AQ seriously and heeded the warnings, it'd have happened anyway. But the difference between an attack on a far-flung consulate and the WTC and Washington that killed thousands is different by at least three orders of magnitude.

In other words, protecting the U.S. from a terror attack is very different from micromanaging the security detail at the consulate in places like Medan, Indonesia. One might be a "fail." The other is a "COMPLETE AND TOTAL KCUFFUP."

But go ahead and blame Obama for Ambassador Stevens's death. But then you'd have to blame Bush for the deaths of the 3,000 people who were killed on 9-11. Personally, I blame the terrorists.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823767 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 11:55 AM
"Odd that the same folks who were soooo intent on pinning the blame on Bush and Rice for dismissing the repeated warnings about Al Qaeda before 9-11 are giving a complete pass on Benghazi on Obama and Clinton. "

A few things off the top of my head:

1) No proof that the WH was given intelligence other than what Biden said

2) 3000 deaths vs 4 (yes, all deaths are problematic, but there is a reality of the scope of one assault vs another)

3) 9/11 was in NYC on the Homeland where we are all supposed to be protected and that is the WH job #1 - Stevens lost his life in a foreign country (even if the grounds are technically American soil) amidst a hostile environment and in a country where the native troops and law enforcement do not consider protecting American lives their #1 job.

A Hochizen says, Bush was the worst President ever.

Ken

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823830 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:02 PM
National security officials implored "with their hair on fire" with Bush and Rice to take Al Qaeda more seriously.

We now know that the officials in Benghazi were literally begging for their lives for more security.

Second, even had the security request been granted, it wouldn't have prevented or stopped the attack in Benghazi, so it's kind of beside the point.

If the state department had prioritized the diplomats safety on 9/11 over the policy of having a quieter lower profile, there is no doubt that more marine presence could have affected the breech.

But the difference between an attack on a far-flung consulate and the WTC and Washington that killed thousands is different by at least three orders of magnitude.

Not for the four people who volunteered to work for their country in a hostile environment.

But then you'd have to blame Bush for the deaths of the 3,000 people who were killed on 9-11. Personally, I blame the terrorists.

Then Obama should have no problem filling Steven's position.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823833 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:17 PM
1) No proof that the WH was given intelligence other than what Biden said

The incompetence excuse. I guess it worked for Bush.

2) 3000 deaths vs 4

Four quick little bumps in the road.

3) 9/11 was in NYC on the Homeland where we are all supposed to be protected and that is the WH job #1 - Stevens lost his life in a foreign country (even if the grounds are technically American soil) amidst a hostile environment and in a country where the native troops and law enforcement do not consider protecting American lives their #1 job.

Right. Whose job is #1 when it comes to protecting American lives serving the country?

A Hochizen says, Bush was the worst President ever.

Agreed. He was. Not anymore though.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823835 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:21 PM
Don't know who you're replying to, but talk about a crock of crap.

If Bush was negligent in ignoring warnings BEFORE 9/11/01, then what does that make Obama in covering up what ACTUALLY HAPPENED on 9/11/12?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823837 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:25 PM
If Bush was negligent in ignoring warnings BEFORE 9/11/01, then what does that make Obama in covering up what ACTUALLY HAPPENED on 9/11/12?

Who says Obama is covering up what happened on 9/11/12?

What is there to cover up?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823840 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:29 PM
You guys are so eager to politicize this terrorist attack and turn it into some kind of scandal that you've lost whatever little grip on decency and common sense you had.

Shameful, really.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823845 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:37 PM
You guys are so eager to politicize this terrorist attack and turn it into some kind of scandal that you've lost whatever little grip on decency and common sense you had.

Shameful, really.

Sorry. Please give us a list of foreign policy topics that are appropriate to discuss in this board under the Politics & Current Events section of the Motley Fool.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823852 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:47 PM
Recommendations: 3
Sorry. Please give us a list of foreign policy topics that are appropriate to discuss in this board under the Politics & Current Events section of the Motley Fool.

And once he does, he can prepare a reply to the THOUSANDS of "Bush lied, people died" posts all around the Fool. That's why that particular Fool is known as a serial bender of the truth and adorns most conservatives' p-boxes.

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823855 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 1:55 PM
"Bush lied, people died"

People died, Obama lied.

Does the order of occurrence really matter?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823871 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 2:23 PM

Shameful, really.
---

Oh. Discussing it isn't inappropriate. Making shirt up and politicizing it it is. Do you honestly think that Obama's responsible for the terror attack in Benghazi? Whatever happened to "blame the terrorists?" Party first-thinking has ruined you.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823887 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 2:47 PM
Do you honestly think that Obama's responsible for the terror attack in Benghazi?

Of course not. What does the President of the United States have to do with the United States State Department. Two totally different entities.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823905 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 3:14 PM
Recommendations: 7
Do you honestly think that Obama's responsible for the terror attack in Benghazi?
---
Of course not. What does the President of the United States have to do with the United States State Department. Two totally different entities.

Your sarcasm is noted.

But can you answer the question seriously?

Do you think Obama is responsible for the terror attack in Benghazi on 9-11-12?

If so, do you think Bush was responsible for the terror attack on 9-11-01?

I don't. I think Al Qaeda was responsible for both.

But I do not believe that granting the Tripoli embassy's request for more security would have prevented the Benghazi attack. Nor do I believe that a few additional security men could have stopped it.

On the other hand, I do believe that had the Bush administration not downgraded anti-terrorism as a priority and had they taken the warnings of an impending Al Qaeda attack more seriously, they might have prevented 9-11. I was in Israel at the time and distinctly remember that during the summer of 2001 Israeli intelligence was warning the U.S. about an impending Al Qaeda "mega-attack" and was somewhat surprised about the administration's indifference and inattention given that the Israelis are pretty sharp about such matters.

However, what's more interesting to me today is the inconsistency (or dishonesty) of those who hold Bush entirely blameless for 9-11-01, but want to blame Obama for 9-11-12.

Another thing that's interesting to me is how the two administrations managed their "damage control." The Bush administration denied (i.e. lied) about having any foreknowledge of a possible impending attack. The Obama administration seems to have been genuinely confused about the nature of the Benghazi attack, thinking it was the outgrowth of demonstrations like the ones in Cairo. Bad intelligence? Probably, but the culpability seems entirely different, especially considering the nature and locations of the two incidents.

For example, if you were president and I was the head of the CIA and I told you, "Mr. President, we have information that terrorists are planning a mega-attack on World Trade Center, the Pentagon and the Capitol," and you brushed me off, it'd be one thing. If I told you, "Mr. President, the situation in Libya is getting hairy and the embassy in Tripoli wants more security," it'd be another thing entirely. Add to that the fact that the request for more security apparently never even reached the White House, which I'd argue is appropriate.

Maybe it'll turn out that the White House did receive warnings about Benghazi and did know about the requests for increased security. But so far, you guys are just exploiting a tragedy for political purposes.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823918 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 3:40 PM
Its more about the coverup than it is the attack.

One one hand, you have 9/11 and terrorists in Libya.

On the other hand you have protests about the youtube video.

If it is about 9/11 and terrorists, you have Obama at a loss because you have a campaign to run and bin laden's death to tout.

If it is about the film, you can deflect the event off into the religious wackos of our country inciting violence from the religious wackos in another country.

Obama made the choice of his direction. A week later, despite lots of other conflicting information, he had the un ambassador push what was then disproven information...

Hillary has run a great State Department up until now. Its going down.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823919 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 3:42 PM
How come you haven't figured out a way yet to blame this on Elizabeth Warren?

Geesh!

Ken

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823925 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 3:46 PM

You mean, other than the fact that State is also in the Executive branch? And that its leader is appointed by Obama? And that its mission is to execute the President's foreign policy? Other than that? I really should unploink whatever doof you're talking to so as to cut through the gibberish more effectively.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823928 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 3:50 PM
Bush's My Pet Goat = Obama's re-election preoccupation.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823953 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 4:26 PM
Its more about the coverup than it is the attack.

Okay. I'm really trying to work with you here. What cover up? What do you think the administration is hiding?

One one hand, you have 9/11 and terrorists in Libya.

On the other hand you have protests about the youtube video.

Yes?

That the two were initially confused seems understandable to me. In other words, when there are protests at U.S. embassies about the YouTube video (that's not really what any of the protests were about, by the way) initial reports that the attack on the consulate in Benghazi was part of that made sense.

If it is about 9/11 and terrorists, you have Obama at a loss because you have a campaign to run and bin laden's death to tout.

If it is about the film, you can deflect the event off into the religious wackos of our country inciting violence from the religious wackos in another country.

I see the difference, but not its relevance. Are you saying the administration knew that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack from the start and purposefully called it part of the video protests for some reason? Why would they do that when anyone with any sense would know the truth would come out in a day or two... as it did.

Obama made the choice of his direction.

I'm not sure it was a "choice." I think the administration's initial statements reflected what they knew (very little) and were told by the CIA and State. I've lived and worked overseas and been involved in violent situations (in Israel, Iraq and elsewhere.) It's not at all surprising to me that it took some time to sort out the facts, especially from a far-flung place like Benghazi.

A week later, despite lots of other conflicting information, he had the un ambassador push what was then disproven information...

What disproven information was that, exactly?

Hillary has run a great State Department up until now. Its going down.

I doubt it. The election is in five weeks, too short a time for anything other than political grandstanding. After the election, folks will regain a sense of proportion.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824027 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 6:06 PM
What cover up? What do you think the administration is hiding?

The policy of the Obama Administration, which was enacted by the State Department, was to have a low profile in Benghazi. That low profile meant that security would consist of local security guards who would not be given guns when guarding the consulate.

The Marines that rushed to the site after the attack were, according to a Corp statement, specifically not stationed at any consulate or embassy, per order of the State Department.

This might have fulfilled some important criteria for the White House and the State Department, but it resulted in the killings.

That's not a great fact for the Obama Campaign.

Are you saying the administration knew that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack from the start and purposefully called it part of the video protests for some reason?

Absolutely. The fact is that when Stevens alerted the State Department that their consulate has been breeched, the full area was under surveillance back in Washington.

There were no other protests against the video that included mortars being launched on US property. There were two different types of events. There was no "video protest" that happened before or concurrent to the consulate attack. That was something that was known immediately.

“We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo,” Rice said. “And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons… And it then evolved from there.”

Meanwhile: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-attack-jiha...

So either Rice was being actively deceitful, or she chose a scenario that was not only wrong, but the entire State Department and government had gone down the wrong path, while CNN --- LESS THAN two days after the attack --- somehow actually knew EXACTLY what happened. THREE DAYS after that, Rice was still playing up the video, even though CNN had people on the ground, in the consulate, and knew what really happened.

I doubt it. The election is in five weeks, too short a time for anything other than political grandstanding.

I am not saying that Obama would switch out Hillary before January 20th 2013. I am just saying that the whole Obama cruise ship is going down because of an iceberg that just hit the State Department deck.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824033 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 6:17 PM
" What cover up? What do you think the administration is hiding?
"

You serious???

1. They lied about receiving intelligence telling them it was a protest caused by the movie about Mohammad. The state department made it clear in the congressional hearing that they never said there it.

2. They lied about about not receiving requests for more security.

3. There were 3 bombings and 230+ other security breaches at US embassies in Libya that were never talked about... at least I never heard about it.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824098 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:10 PM
Are you saying the administration knew that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack from the start and purposefully called it part of the video protests for some reason?
---
Absolutely. The fact is that when Stevens alerted the State Department that their consulate has been breeched, the full area was under surveillance back in Washington.

Makes no sense. No one lies about something that's so easily disproven.

There was no "video protest" that happened before or concurrent to the consulate attack. That was something that was known immediately.

Immediately? Really? By whom?

---
“We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo,” Rice said. “And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons… And it then evolved from there.”

Rice said that on This Week on 9/16. It wasn't "disproven" at the time, though it was certainly suspect.

So either Rice was being actively deceitful...

Again, for what possible purpose?

...or she chose a scenario that was not only wrong, but the entire State Department and government had gone down the wrong path, while CNN --- LESS THAN two days after the attack --- somehow actually knew EXACTLY what happened.

At the time, I don't think the two scenarios -- that a video protest was used by terrorists to launch an attack and that that the attack was pre-planned -- were mutually exclusive.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824109 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 10:58 PM
" Makes no sense. No one lies about something that's so easily disproven."

Then I guess GWB wasn't lying about WMD.

" At the time, I don't think the two scenarios -- that a video protest was used by terrorists to launch an attack and that that the attack was pre-planned -- were mutually exclusive."

Rice did not really convey that in her interview...three days after CNN reported it.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824111 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/12/2012 11:03 PM
"Makes no sense. No one lies about something that's so easily disproven."
---
Then I guess GWB wasn't lying about WMD.

Umm... not following you here.

The Bush folks sincerely thought Iraq had WMD. What they lied about was the quality of the evidence. How's that in any way analogous to this?

" At the time, I don't think the two scenarios -- that a video protest was used by terrorists to launch an attack and that that the attack was pre-planned -- were mutually exclusive."
---
Rice did not really convey that in her interview...three days after CNN reported it.

Have to disagree. She conveyed exactly that in the quote you provided.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824158 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 8:23 AM
" The Bush folks sincerely thought Iraq had WMD. What they lied about was the quality of the evidence. How's that in any way analogous to this? "

There is no doubt that the administration spoke about "video protests" with a weighted certaintythat was inappropriate.

" Have to disagree. She conveyed exactly that in the quote you provided. "

She has led the public to believe a scenario that was not only untrue, but was well documented as untrue days before by cnn.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824167 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 9:36 AM

There is no doubt that the administration spoke about "video protests" with a weighted certaintythat was inappropriate.

Okay, so we've narrowed down and reduced the Obama administration's sin to this: their initial comments about Benghazi were spoken with inappropriate weighted certainty.

To that I can only reply: "We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

She has led the public to believe a scenario that was not only untrue, but was well documented as untrue days before by cnn

Sort of. CNN didn't document it as untrue. They reported a story saying the attack was pre-planned. That's not even really contradictory.

Again, if you insist Rice was lying instead of mistaken to what purpose do you think she was lying?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824169 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 9:51 AM
So you counter the Obama administration lying by giving examples of the Bush administration lying.

" Again, if you insist Rice was lying instead of mistaken to what purpose do you think she was lying? "

Obviously they wanted to blame the deaths on radicals insensed by the religious video.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824173 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 10:06 AM
So you counter the Obama administration lying by giving examples of the Bush administration lying.

No. That's not what I did. You said Rice's crime was speaking with exaggerated certainty about an uncertain situation. I provided an example comparing her running a stop sign with a serial murderer, when it comes to White House officials speaking with unwarranted certitude.

"Again, if you insist Rice was lying instead of mistaken to what purpose do you think she was lying? "
---
Obviously they wanted to blame the deaths on radicals insensed by the religious video.

Why? What difference does it make whether the attack was carried out by radicals incensed by the video or just radicals incensed by whatever they're usually incensed by? The video is just an excuse for radicals anyway.

Don't you think it's much, much more plausible, given that there were anti-video protests all over the Muslim world on 9-11-12, that U.S. intelligence and the White House made a mistake and initially assumed the violence in Libya was connected to video protests too?

When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.

Author: wolsey1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824175 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 10:09 AM

No, he countered with an example of egregious confirmation bias. Or let's call it extreme hypocrisy, if you will.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824179 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 11:14 AM
"I provided an example comparing her running a stop sign..."

More of the speed bump bs. It's one thing to try to stop an event happening inside the united states .... its another to respond to specific threats on us soil in Libya.

" When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras."

Watching Up! With Chris Hayes this morning I expected to hear your type of view. I was surprisedto hear the panel mostly say that the performance of Rice IS suspect, at least a little.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824189 of 1977409
Subject: Re: Biden lied about Benghazi Date: 10/13/2012 11:33 AM
Are you in denial or were you a sleep the past month, because you are being obtuse about the facts that are now known and were known within hours of the attack.

Obama, Rice and Clinton LIED LIED LIED LIED to cover up their flawed and insane foreign policy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement