UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134722  
Subject: Biden's six day schooling Date: 10/7/2012 6:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Drudge has it that VP Biden is talking six days off to prepare for the debate with Ryan. Tell you how that’s going to go.

Biden and a Ryan substitute will practice ‘responding’ to questions none designed to upset Biden but give an opportunity for talking points to be expressed and honed. No white-knuckle probing, no grimace-causing questioning, just get the VP prepared so he’s pleased with his performance now and in prospect.

Additionally they have already have, in their minds, who and what Ryan is – after all they’ve been describing him since he was named as Mitt’s running mate – and that their meme as to how to respond. First error: believing your negative description of an opponent is on the money.

After each training session both Biden and his Ryan stand-in will wave a pleasant bye-bye to each other and say each looks forward to the next meeting. After all, we’re all in this together, right?

Biden should have a Ryan stand-in who is determined to reduce the VP to either tears or melt into a gibbering morass but that’s won’t happen. Guaranteed the VP believes his years of experience counter whatever Ryan says and it’s only a matter of age and experience trumping youth.

Meanwhile, the Press having scented blood in the water will look for more bleeding. My view is Biden won’t dissatisfy.

MichaelR
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106976 of 134722
Subject: Re: Biden's six day schooling Date: 10/7/2012 6:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well, we all know that liberals are so gosh-darn brilliant. If we have any doubt, all we need to do is to ask them. No doubt Biden's sheer genius alone will carry the day. That's all they need. Just being in the presence of Biden will cause Ryan to quiver and shake in terror.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106979 of 134722
Subject: Re: Biden's six day schooling Date: 10/7/2012 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 3
Biden should have a Ryan stand-in who is determined to reduce the VP to either tears or melt into a gibbering morass but that’s won’t happen. Guaranteed the VP believes his years of experience counter whatever Ryan says and it’s only a matter of age and experience trumping youth.

This democrat ticket may have two of the weakest people ever to run for office on it. Portman's job with Romney was to do exactly as you suggest - make Mitt curl up in a ball crying. (Word in fact is that Cindy McCain ran out of a room crying in 2008 during that debate prep).

You've hit on the problem libs have: they really believe their own propaganda. That is, that Republicans are stupid neanderthals who belong in petting zoos or museums. That's why they ALL fold like lawn chairs when confronted with a real live one every day.

I see this every day in Seattle with the average smug liberal at parties. America was treated to it on a national stage the other night, LOL.

Biden has 1 and only 1 card to play: his experience dealing with world leaders. His best shot is to highlight Ryan's relative inexperience by citing the time he talked to this guy, or the time his relationship with that guy paid off (assuming there are such cases).

If I'm Biden's debate prep team I have him shocked with a cattle prod every time a number comes out of his mouth. If he tries that with Ryan he's toast.

Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 106982 of 134722
Subject: Re: Biden's six day schooling Date: 10/7/2012 8:18 PM
Recommendations: 1
I just hope he plays the "son of a coal-miner" meme, and that Ryan is prepared to call BS on that.

Ryan's problem is, what do you tell someone whose every sentence is BS?

What's more, I read someplace that they're prepping Biden to outright call Ryan a liar while making up stuff.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/06/ryans-impossible-debate-c...

Unfortunately, we don’t live in a rational world. We live in one where Barack Obama is president AND Joe Biden is vice president. To win a debate against Joe Biden one must be prepared to engage with a man who has hardly more than a nodding acquaintance with the truth.

Most of us are familiar with Biden’s ill-starred run for the Demcocrat nomination in 1988 as part of the Seven Dwarfs. He was forced out when it was revealed that he’d not only plagiarized a speech by British Labor Party leader Neal Kinnock, he’s actually gone so far as to steal Kinnock’s biography, claiming to be the son of an impoverished coal miner. (Though to his credit, when Gary Hart was dropped out due to his marital infidelities Biden remarked, “We’ve lost Horny.”) To this day, Biden claims he was “raised in Scranton (PA)” though he left when he was 10 years old.

This should be a danger sign.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement