No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.annarbor.com/business-review/owner-blimpy-burger-...

The eeevil University of Meeechigan has bought the building where iconic burger joint Blimpy Burger resides, and now Blimpy's will have to move by Summer of 2013.

I'm not too upset by this. Why? I'm hoping they move someplace with free parking! Paying $2 to park to then go pay to eat is not something I'm willing to do on a regular basis, parking at Subway is free and the food is cheaper to boot! Not as good... but cheaper and no doubt healthier (Blimpy Burgers are known for leaking grease through both the wax paper they're wrapped in AND the paper sack you're carrying them in... but they're SOOOO GOOD!)

Anyhow, there are plenty of stupid comments in the above article. My favorites are those companing about the U taking more property off the city's tax rolls (as if the city would exist with out the U anyway!) and the one guy who wants the U to extend Blimpy's lease (which would indeed be the U stealing taxes from the city, duh!) The best is that Blimpy moves and keeps paying taxes.

As for what the U will put up there... hell if I know. A parking lot is the likely bet, perhaps just expanding the U parking lot it is adjacent to.

As for where they should move... there's a Sprint Store next to Michigan Stadium. That makes NO SENSE to me. If that place was, say, an iconic burger joint, they'd be PRINTING money (being across the street from both Michigan Stadium and one of Ann Arbor's high schools... and very close to my office!) As my son says, "That would be epic!"
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement