Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 448  
Subject: Big Week at Boston Scientific Date: 1/12/2007 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.fool.com/news/2007/01/12/big-week-at-boston-scientific.aspx

Big Week at Boston Scientific
By Billy Fisher
January 12, 2007
As this week winds down, shareholders of Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) are feeling the karma brought on by the beginning of a new year. The company itself is looking to persevere through the adversity it faced in 2006 because of product recalls and the controversy surrounding the safety of drug-coated stents. I will have to say that the company is off to a great start so far for 2007.......
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JimBNorman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 435 of 448
Subject: Re: Big Week at Boston Scientific Date: 1/15/2007 11:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I intend to dump my GSK and buy Boston Scientific tomorrow at the market open. Zack's, Edward Jones, and Morningstar all give it strong buy recommendations, and so does the Fool. That's more than enough for me.

Don't get me wrong. I love GSK, but the stock has been analyzed to death and has a fair evaluation. It may hit 60 in six months. There's more room to maneuver here, and you get 3 Boston shares for the price of every GSK share. Plus, GSK just killed a drug in clinical trials and is facing several more pesky lawsuits. The bad press won't go away.

Jim

Author: elvistmf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 436 of 448
Subject: Re: Big Week at Boston Scientific Date: 1/16/2007 7:37 AM
Sounds like you are selling low.

Author: JimBNorman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 438 of 448
Subject: Re: Big Week at Boston Scientific Date: 2/1/2007 6:34 AM
Selling low? Were you responding to my post? No. I am very, very long on BSX. They've turned the Guidant problem around. They're getting nothing but fabulous news out of the FDA, getting almost daily extensions or approvals of products. The share price is shooting up on the news. It's all been great. The 'Street' is taking notice here. The stock was strongly devalued by Fortune's article calling the Guidant acquisition the 'second worst in history,' but man, did they get a wrong number! Morningstar just came out with a five star rating and that induced me to buy.

STRONG BUY

JimBNorman

Author: elvistmf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 439 of 448
Subject: Re: Big Week at Boston Scientific Date: 2/1/2007 7:45 AM
I meant selling GSK low. I understand you are buying into a good story for BSX it sounds also like you are bailing on a bad story for GSK. The thing I hate about making a sell and a buy simultaneously is you have to make two correct decisions back-to-back.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement