UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Bill Moyers on Wall Street Date: 9/16/2013 10:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://billmoyers.com/2013/08/29/forget-al-capone-todays-rac...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72919 of 75383
Subject: Re: Bill Moyers on Wall Street Date: 9/16/2013 11:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
From the article: Eventually, this whole house of marked cards collapsed, and millions of families lost most everything they had.

I doubt that "millions" of families lost "most everything they had." Sure, it's been very difficult for some, but exaggeration isn't necessary.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72943 of 75383
Subject: Re: Bill Moyers on Wall Street Date: 9/17/2013 8:56 AM
Recommendations: 1
The 80s: It wasn't just the bad hairstyles.
The W years: It wasn't just the war on terra.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72971 of 75383
Subject: Re: Bill Moyers on Wall Street Date: 9/17/2013 3:15 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<Racketeering, of course, is still going strong. But the getup of our contemporary racketeers has changed somewhat. Our most highly compensated racketeers today don’t wear fedoras. They fill power suits. Our top racketeers these days don’t run from the law. They run Wall Street.
>>

What an absurd comment to make! Once again Bill Moyers is revealed as just another vituperative PBS propagandist.

Seattle Pioneer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement