Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lethean Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121185  
Subject: Re: tax planning ... Date: 2/1/2007 4:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Bill

Thanks. The first irs link was for 2006/2007. The second link didn't work for me.

I have this from 2004/2005 printed and in my tax file.

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:C5jUsQZwCu0J:www.bnatax.com/tm/quick_tax_2004_2005.pdf+quick+tax+reference+2005+-+2007&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2&ie=UTF-8

It's just the format I'd like to have for 2006/2007. Is there a way to get it? The site is now asking for personal/prof(?) info.

I don't remember how I got the quick tax reference for 2004/2005 from them a couple years ago. A link from a prof on this board? Or a promo from bna at that time? I don't know.

In reviewing the printed material re "quick tax reference 2004/2005" (linked above), I still don't get why our exemptions for 2005 were $6400 rather than $7400. Phaseout BEGINS at $218,950 in 2005. We weren't there. DH DOB 12/1940; he was 65+ YE 2005. 2005 return prepared by CPA/software. So I'm perplexed by the $6400 exemptions reflected on the 2005 return, rather $7400. I don't get it.

Reagrds ...... Lethean

ps. I'd love to have that bna "quick tax reference" for 2006/2007. Just what I need right now.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement