UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1967429  
Subject: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 11:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
David Siegel, the owner of Westgate Resorts, sent a surprising email to his employees Monday.

It said that if President Barack Obama wins re-election and raises Siegel's taxes, he will have to lay off workers and downsize his company — or even shut it down.

...While Westgate has never been more profitable, the company has 5,000 fewer workers than in 2007.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49356069

Siegel is famous for building the largest house ever in America. http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-03-14/versailles-t...

This is what the election is about. Do you want people who will never have enough to have more, or do you want balance?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822903 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 11:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This is what the election is about. Do you want people who will never have enough to have more, or do you want balance?

Define balance. I don't want to bail-out someone who spent too much on their house, or didn't save enough to be receive my tax dollars because of their laziness, stupidity or poor choices.

The government needs to help those that can't help themselves. Right now we have a government that helps those that can't or those that won't. The second group needs to get off the government teet.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822910 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 11:31 AM
"This is what the election is about. Do you want people who will never have enough to have more, or do you want balance? "

???

say it with me libs, "its not my money, its not my money, it belongs to someone else, i have no right to someone elses money/property"

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822912 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 11:32 AM
The government needs to help those that can't help themselves. Right now we have a government that helps those that can't or those that won't. The second group needs to get off the government teat.

This does bring up one of the most difficult questions associated with the social safety net - what do we do when you cannot separate those two groups from each other?

It is often difficult, expensive, or contentious to make decisions about whether someone's dire circumstances are the result of their own choices or things that are outside of their control. We might disagree about whether a given person has contributed to their own situation. We might have to deal with large groups of individuals where we know that some have contributed to their own problems and some have not - but we don't know who is who, or even necessarily how members of the overall group fall into which category.

What then? Do we refrain from helping those who can't help themselves, because we will also be helping some who won't help themselves? Or do we help the former, even though we know that we will also be helping the latter?

It's a tough question, and I suspect that many disagreements about the social safety stem from differening views on how to answer it.

Albaby

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822920 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 11:55 AM
Recommendations: 0
It's a tough question, and I suspect that many disagreements about the social safety stem from differening views on how to answer it.

I think we can easily find the "can't help themselves". But the "won't" might be tougher. But I if you were to look at the group as a whole, you should be able to knock out a large portion right away. Then there's a muddy middle group that is debatable. Let's get through the easy decisions first then move on to the tougher ones.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822925 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:10 PM
I think we can easily find the "can't help themselves". But the "won't" might be tougher. But I if you were to look at the group as a whole, you should be able to knock out a large portion right away. Then there's a muddy middle group that is debatable. Let's get through the easy decisions first then move on to the tougher ones.

=========================================

I don't see it as easy at all. I can look at my neighbor and say, he should be working, he's just using the system. How do you separate him out of the group?

How would you do it?

Jean

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822928 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:18 PM

Generally, you can't easily separate out the two groups, because you have to put everyone through some sort of review process - and the resources consumed by that process can be enormous. You impose burdens on applicants to provide you considerable information, you have to someone review that information, you have to conduct some level of independent check on their representations, and have appeal and secondary review processes.

Plus, as mentioned upthread, it's not even an easy process to figure out what characteristics differentiate those who have from those who have not contributed to their own circumstances - let alone set down a fair and impartial way of describing those characteristics so that a neutral third party can make that judgment call.

Albaby

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822931 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:27 PM
I don't see it as easy at all. I can look at my neighbor and say, he should be working, he's just using the system. How do you separate him out of the group?

How would you do it?

Did your neighbor buy a house with zero down and a mortgage they couldn't afford? Are they able bodied workers? Did they spend their money on expensive vacations and not save any money. Gambling Habit? Drug Addict?

You might not know these answers, but if you want government help you better be preapred to give them.

Like I said, we can debate the margins, but I think there's a percentage on both sides where a decision is rather easy.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822932 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:33 PM
Recommendations: 3
The second group needs to get off the government teet.

--------

If you are going to use a word, you should at least know how to spell it.
Otherwise, you appear (even more) ignorant.

AM

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822933 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:34 PM
Did your neighbor buy a house with zero down and a mortgage they couldn't afford? Are they able bodied workers? Did they spend their money on expensive vacations and not save any money. Gambling Habit? Drug Addict?

You might not know these answers, but if you want government help you better be preapred to give them.

Like I said, we can debate the margins, but I think there's a percentage on both sides where a decision is rather easy.

======================================

What assistance are we talking about? Welfare? Unemployment? Social Security?

Are you saying the application for any of these things should have yes or no questions?

Drug addict_______________

Mortgage default____________

Gambling Habit _________________

If you answer yes to any you don't get assistance?

Also, what happens to those who are denied?

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822935 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:36 PM
Also, what happens to those who are denied?

-------------

They live out in the bushes until they get pneumonia and decrease the surplus population, of course. Where have you been?

AM

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822937 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:39 PM
The system as is doesn't work, we know that much.

I often tell a story of a trip i once took to the local grocery store, where a woman who appeared in her early 30's with 3 kids were in the checkout lane in front of me. When it was their turn she started a conversation with the check out lady, they obviously knew each other, the check out lady turned to the kids and said i heard your going to Disney world next week, are you excited, then the mom started talking about where they were staying, etc. When time to pay she pulled out a food stamp credit card and said i think i still have enough on this and proceeded to pay with it.

I almost said something, but didn't.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822938 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:40 PM
Recommendations: 6
"If you are going to use a word, you should at least know how to spell it.

AM "

Only ignorant people grade others spelling on a message board, just sayin...

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822941 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:47 PM
I often tell a story of a trip i once took to the local grocery store, where a woman who appeared in her early 30's with 3 kids were in the checkout lane in front of me. When it was their turn she started a conversation with the check out lady, they obviously knew each other, the check out lady turned to the kids and said i heard your going to Disney world next week, are you excited, then the mom started talking about where they were staying, etc. When time to pay she pulled out a food stamp credit card and said i think i still have enough on this and proceeded to pay with it.
===========================================

And you have no idea why she had the card.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822943 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:49 PM
"And you have no idea why she had the card. "

You would have to assume it was hers, and she qualified for it. Then you have to ask if you need it, why the hell are you going to Disney world?

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822945 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:56 PM
She could have been a foster parent. In order to be a foster parent you have to prove you can support yourself without the foster care monies, but some do get food cards to help with the support of the children.

You, also, don't know who is paying for the trip.

Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822946 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 12:57 PM
Recommendations: 1
You would have to assume it was hers, and she qualified for it. Then you have to ask if you need it, why the hell are you going to Disney world?

Maybe the grandparents chipped in and bought the tickets? Oh, that's right, a conservative only looks for non-nasty answers when it's their ox being gored.

Poz

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822948 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
Maybe the grandparents chipped in and bought the tickets? Oh, that's right, a conservative only looks for non-nasty answers when it's their ox being gored.

Poz

================================

Maybe she's going with her church group and the congregation chipped in to pay her share.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822950 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:06 PM

Poz

================================

Maybe she's going with her church group and the congregation chipped in to pay her share.

Yep, there are a lot of maybes.

Most likely? Still goes to the system having problems.

As to the maybes. IT is still screwed up that in that situation, were the assistance was actually required, that extra resources were being used for a trip to Disney as opposed to any number of more valuable long term uses. At the very least we have absolutely atrocious judgement.

Oh yeah maybe she won a contest and had to take the trip.

Maybe, they had he husband as a prisoner, and if she did not go they would kill him, OMG she is a hero.

I can't believe the damn conservatives are attacking a bona fide hero! the cads

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822952 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:08 PM
I wish you would write understandable sentences.

Jean

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822962 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:42 PM
Are you saying the application for any of these things should have yes or no questions?

Clearly you're not reading...for example I didn't say Mortgage Default, I said buying a home with zero down that you couldn't afford. People default for many reasons. Sometimes you can do everything right but still need assitance.

But if you are able to help yourself, then you should. The government should be a safety net not a way of life. I didn't say it was easy, only that there is a good percentage that is easy. It's the muddy middle that's hard determine can't from won't.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822966 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:46 PM
But if you are able to help yourself, then you should. The government should be a safety net not a way of life. I didn't say it was easy, only that there is a good percentage that is easy. It's the muddy middle that's hard determine can't from won't.

=============================

I'm asking how you would eliminate the easy ones. How would you do it?

Jean

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822974 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:55 PM
I'm asking how you would eliminate the easy ones. How would you do it?

Well first finding those that can't help themselves is easy. I think of people with mental or physical handicaps. Oddly enough those who can't help themselves are the ones who wish they could and are embarassed to take assistance. They feel guilty and usually give back the most when possible. And if they will refuse assistance when posible.

As for the easy ones who won't help themselves. Look to someone who's living beyond their means, but by choice. Is that person an able bodied worker who has turned down work for no reason? Is that a person who has a job but has turned down OT for no reason? Is this person wasting money on voluntary items like HBO and new IPhones? Is this person making decisions expecting to get government assistance for non-essential things.

The muddy middle is difficult to figure out, but once we can determine who is in desire need and who is gaming the system we can figure out the rest afterwards.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822977 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 1:58 PM

But you can't just decide that you're going to only deal with the easy cases in the context of limiting eligibility to safety net benefits. Whatever rules and processes you implement have to apply to everyone - which means that the hard cases also have to get run through them.

That takes enormous resources, particularly for programs that have very large numbers of participants (more than 46 million for SNAP, for example). It also requires government to undertake a role that it's not especially great at - very large numbers of individualized decisions, based on amorphous criteria, with severe implications for the individuals involved.

In practice, these programs usually can't pick and choose beyond the bright-line eligibility criteria. You have to either decide to cover everyone that meets the criteria, or not. That means covering the people who are responsible (in whole or part) for their own circumstances along with everyone else, or not covering anyone - take it or leave it.

So what do you do? That's a fundamental, and difficult, question.

Albaby

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823001 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 2:33 PM
But you can't just decide that you're going to only deal with the easy cases in the context of limiting eligibility to safety net benefits. Whatever rules and processes you implement have to apply to everyone - which means that the hard cases also have to get run through them.

Didn't write that...wrote that we should start there. Usually on most debates it's that the sides agree on 90% of the issue. It's the final 10% that's tough. So why not knock out the easy portions first, then work on the more difficult ones.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823043 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 3:57 PM
As for the easy ones who won't help themselves. Look to someone who's living beyond their means, but by choice. Is that person an able bodied worker who has turned down work for no reason? Is that a person who has a job but has turned down OT for no reason? Is this person wasting money on voluntary items like HBO and new IPhones? Is this person making decisions expecting to get government assistance for non-essential things.

=================================================

How do you determine this?

What does the questionaire look like that filters out these folks?

It's not easy to tell them from the folks that need assistance...the muddy middle you are talking about.

These kinds of discussions remind me of the time I went to the bank to make a deposit. The teller asked me how my vacation was. I hadn't been on vacation, so I said, "Vacation?" She said my checks were coming in from CA.

I had been down there taking care of my MIL who had just had surgery.

I immediately changed banks.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823053 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 4:08 PM
In practice, these programs usually can't pick and choose beyond the bright-line eligibility criteria. You have to either decide to cover everyone that meets the criteria, or not. That means covering the people who are responsible (in whole or part) for their own circumstances along with everyone else, or not covering anyone - take it or leave it.
===================================

Exactly!

What I don't understand about this arguement is why Billionaires etc. are praised for taking advantage of every program available to them and SNAP people are called lazy, moochers, etc.

Yeah, I know the Billionaire's earned it, they should be able to keep their money. I wonder how many on SNAP work for a company that the executive have large salaries, but the employees make enough to still qualify them for SNAP.

Jean

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823056 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 4:13 PM
Didn't write that...wrote that we should start there. Usually on most debates it's that the sides agree on 90% of the issue. It's the final 10% that's tough. So why not knock out the easy portions first, then work on the more difficult ones.

====================================

How do you knock out the easy portions? You keep saying that like we can tell the abusers by a tattoo on their forehead or something.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823067 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 4:28 PM

But you can't do that, because you don't know in advance which cases are easy and which ones are hard. You're starting with a population that already prima facie meets the "bright-line" tests for the safety net in question - they're unemployed, or below a certain income threshold, or what have you.

Albaby

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823071 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 4:34 PM
There is only one answer, but everyone is afraid of it, they won't accept it thus this neverending "how do we do it" discussion continues.

The one answer is "someone will feel pain" there is no way around it. So if you keep banging your head against wall trying to find a more perfect way you can go ahead and stop, if there was a perfect way it would have already been though of. But again, nobody wants to do what's necessary. The safety net should not be comfortable, it should be painful, painful doesn't = inhumane, it just means hard and no fun, you can live but it will be difficult.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823103 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/10/2012 5:12 PM
Yeah, I know the Billionaire's earned it, they should be able to keep their money. I wonder how many on SNAP work for a company that the executive have large salaries, but the employees make enough to still qualify them for SNAP.

I understand perfectly why liberals use strawmen and argue from false premises.

No one, and I mean nobody begrudges those that are doing their best a hand up

IF however, the assistance is being used for trips to Disneyland, there may be some problems with who needs help

Do I begrudge their kids trips to Disney? Well at the very oleast I question their parents priorities. Do the kids have the computer they need to do schoolwork, is their car set up to keep getting to work with a marginal emergency fund for repairs.

I think questioning food stamp usage at Disney is a pretty sane exercise.

I think the false argument you chose to bring it the reason that I typically feel just making fun of libs out here is the best path. You chose not to be serious, but churlish and to start out blamimg the other side with the worst of motives and resorting to the typical class warfare that people of the left deny is their one trick pony even as they prove that to be true.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823267 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/11/2012 7:31 AM
David Siegel, the owner of Westgate Resorts, sent a surprising email to his employees Monday.

It said that if President Barack Obama wins re-election and raises Siegel's taxes, he will have to lay off workers and downsize his company — or even shut it down.

...While Westgate has never been more profitable, the company has 5,000 fewer workers than in 2007. http://www.cnbc.com/id/49356069

Siegel is famous for building the largest house ever in America. http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-03-14/versailles-t......

If this is truly what the election is about, then Obama should be sent packing. Personally, I think libs will be very disappointed with a second term. Reality has a way of biting them in the arse. (Profanity filters AM) lol

First off, we do have rights in this country. He has a right to make as much money as he can. You have a right to do whatever pleases you. Do the famous Hollywood stars and TV folks have a right to make as much as they do? I can guarantee you they too make decisions about their businesses that involve some maximization of profits, and the lessening of taxes.

But let's think about Obama now and in the future. You point to this guy that has a huge house and makes tons of money with his company. I point to a guy that as President, spends a trillion dollars more than he takes in, and yet we still have more people in poverty and on foodstamps. You bemoan the grand success of Siegel, while I point to the utter failure of Obama, despite his huge deficits.

I only wish the Governments, state/local/federal, could learn how to achieve more efficiency with better results, and fewer employees.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1826078 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/18/2012 3:15 PM

How would you do it?

In the past, as well as currently, we did it arbitrarily and equally for everyone.

For example: We limited unemployment benefits to 26 weeks. It did not matter whether you lost a job as a teacher, a janitor, or a CEO, everyone was assumed to be equally able to find employment within six months.

Now, we assume everyone CANNOT find a job within six months and that they instead need nearly two years.

Something seems wrong to me about that solution.

How would I do it?

I would manage it more like a work program. In order to receive benefits, you must work or attend an educational class for 1 hour for every 2 hours of benefits earned. The work can be for charity but it must be documented. I would also use a large section of city, state and fed workforce that is staffed largely by those unemployed and currently looking for work.

Those unwilling to work would not receive a benefit. Those willing to work and get a benefit would still have enough time during the week to look for full time employment - but they would be helping to reduce the cost of their benefits - while hopefully learning some additional skills.

I would turn welfare into a food program. No food stamps, only food.

This would allow us to ensure the food (calories, fat content, etc.) is the most appropriate. It should also help reduce the cost of the program. Remember govt cheese? I would have us go to specific generic products for those on welfare.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1826080 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/18/2012 3:21 PM
"If you are going to use a word, you should at least know how to spell it.

AM "

Only ignorant people grade others spelling on a message board, just sayin...

Too funny!!

Trip down memory lane...

------------

http://boards.fool.com/do-you-think-we-are-that-stupid-no-ju...

You really should learn to spell naive, Hawkwin.
To misspell it just makes you look so ... well .... naive.

AM

-----------

http://boards.fool.com/a-very-high-price-to-pay-to-make-his-...

AM: A VERY high price to pay to make his assinine statement.

You really should learn to spell asinine, AngelMay.
To misspell it just makes you look so ... well .... asinine.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24198935

Hawkwin
Returning the favor

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1826081 of 1967429
Subject: Re: Billionaire being taxed to death Date: 10/18/2012 3:25 PM
AM: A VERY high price to pay to make his assinine statement.

You really should learn to spell asinine, AngelMay.
To misspell it just makes you look so ... well .... asinine.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24198935

Hawkwin
Returning the favor

I think it only fair you look at this from a Democrat's perspective.

All the letters were actually there in the word, and sure they were wrong but clearly the word was in there somewhere, so obviously she was correct.

If it is good enough for Obama in the Rose Garden it is good enough for PA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement