No. of Recommendations: 0
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
Sounds like a lot of bull$hit to me. I'm not trying to time the market. I have a portfolio allocation of 60% short and intermediate investment grade Vanguard bond funds and 40% Vangaurd equity index funds. Perhaps you should try selling your book somewhere else.
No. of Recommendations: 1
In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists accurately predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the United States.

So they got one thing right out of how long a history of making predictions? That's like people still asking Abby Joseph Cohen about what the market will do today because she got one thing right back in the 90s and has been wrong ever since.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 0
>> So they got one thing right out of how long a history of making predictions? That's like people still asking Abby Joseph Cohen about what the market will do today because she got one thing right back in the 90s and has been wrong ever since. <<

Or Elaine Garzarelli "calling" the crash of 1987 and not correctly predicting anything particularly significant since.

No. of Recommendations: 19
In 2006 I predicted the bubble in housing. Sold my house in August and will show you the papers. [that's actually true] Therefore my credentials are wonderful.

I also read his book "Aftershock" in the first edition.

Anyone can join me under my desk for the super low price of .... well I only give that information in my confidential complimentary telephone interview after receiving a copy of your credit report.

What will you find? #9 of my detailed 140 point guide to personal and investment safety includes:

#9. Buy that firearm now. No room for pacifists under MY desk.

There's more but my nurse says I need to take my meds and get away from the computer.

bob
No. of Recommendations: 1
Even a broken watch is right twice a day...doesn't mean I'm going to follow it.

MY response? Same as it's been for 20 years.

Dollar.cost.averaging
Advertisement