UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Bioneers Conference Date: 9/16/2000 1:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hi board,

Anyone still watching this board?

I'm going to the Bioneers conference again this fall Oct. 20-22. William McDonough will be there again. He spoke 2 or 3 years ago, but not last year, and is amazing to hear. Anyone in the bay area and interested in going, please contact me so we can meet.

Here's McDonough's site:
http://www.mcdonough.com/

Here's the Bioneer's:
http://www.bioneers.org/

Chris
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JohnQuixote Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1574 of 1656
Subject: Re: Bioneers Conference Date: 9/16/2000 7:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It's a beautiful site, Chris. And the conference looks great (McDonough is one of my heroes!). Hope you'll share lots with the board upon your return!

Cheers!

John Quixote

P.S.
Have you been following the Powercosm at all? George Gilder coined the phrase to refer to all the tech innovations that are happening in energy and electricity and telecomm. There's a pretty vibrant board on the subject, with some real smart folks (and some not so smart ones). Anyway, thought you might wanna have a look. It'd be nice to have you drop by.
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=13283222&bid=113960

Have a great time at the conference!

JQ

Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1575 of 1656
Subject: Re: Bioneers Conference Date: 9/16/2000 8:15 PM
Have you been following the Powercosm at all?

I've been lurking over there. Very interesting. Wish I had time to delve deeper into it.

I'll take notes at the conference, and try to post the most relevant stuff. I think I promised that last year too, and may have let the board down. Oh well, I'll give it my best.

Chris

Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1579 of 1656
Subject: Re: Bioneers Conference Date: 10/26/2000 12:48 AM
Recommendations: 1
Well, as expected the conference was amazing. William McDonough is just a wonderful speaker with awesome ideas. He's been making tons of progress with his business talking to CEO's from Ford, Dell, Palm, Nike, and others about helping them become more environmentally sustainable.

I highly recommend ordering audio tapes of both McDonough sessions!

http://www.bioneers.org/conference_page/ordertapes.html

His motto is... (paraphrased)

Design for all the children of all species for all time.

He also believes, as do I, that we are on the verge of an explosion of new products and technologies that will propel us into the "Next Industrial Revolution".

He has anew book coming out that he says is being printed on a new material that has never been used before. He didn't elaborate, but it must be some kind of tree-free biodegradeable paper. We'll see soon enough. He says the book will be out in a couple months.

Well there's a quick recap of the McDonough piece of the conference. I also went to sessions on the Internet and the environmental movement with www.GreenMarketplace.com and www.Scorecard.com, and SRI with Alyssa Gravitz of Co-Op America www.coopamerica.org.

Off to Eugene next for the Sustainable Business Symposium.

Chris

Author: JohnQuixote Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1581 of 1656
Subject: Re: Bioneers Conference Date: 10/30/2000 8:04 PM
Thanks for the report, Chris! Looking forward to hearing what you find in Eugene, too!

Cheers!
JQ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement