No. of Recommendations: 2
Bitcoin is now trading above $11,000 USD, and is up almost 60% from the recent bottom of around $6,980 hit just a few weeks ago. Crypto-currencies, as an an asset class, are again worth more than $500 billion, having added $130 billion since late January.

I find it interesting that both Bitcoin and the XIV (the inverse-VIX ETF) have been around for 7 years, but it's the XIV that went to zero, not Bitcoin. Who would have predicted that?

Meanwhile, an investor who clearly belongs in the "go big or go home" camp just bought $400 million worth of BTC. Just to set the record straight, that was not me, OK?

Seriously, though, I'm a tech geek, and one of the questions I had was, if the blockchain gets forked and diverges, how do we derive the correct state for the transactions? For Ethereum, the answer is that they use the Greedy Heaviest Observed Subtree algorithm. This article does a great job explaining how Ethereum works -

Who has been HODLing on to his BTC and ETH since last June
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.