Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 54005  
Subject: Re: Sad, really... Date: 2/13/2013 8:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
BJ

You act like the snarky little pr*cks who fling out all this BS about older (smarter) pr*cks than themselves aren't playing the same game or in your case, believe themselves to be above the fray. I don't know which is worse.

You mistake yourself for someone who actually knows what is happening to the planet mate. I haven't seen many words crammed into so little reality since I read Lord of the Rings.

Oh, that made me think you are an open-minded reasonable, knowledgable type. My mistake.

BTW I ALSO went to SUNY Stony Brook for my Mechanical Degree - 1983. But got my CS Masters at NYIT and went on to NASA JPL.

Well, that's nice. Does that make you a rocket scientist? Since when do rocket scientists claim they know what is happening to the planet to the degree they claim omnipotence and the only true keepers of all things scientific.

Do YOU understand the SCIENCE of this problem? You're very fast to draw politics of every persuasion into your rants.

Do you understand the science?

Well, my degrees say I do. I would say an honest scientist would never claim to know what exactly is happening to the planet, nor would they deny there are "political considerations" in what they decide to research and who they are doing the research for.

Your actual arguments are about politics. Chief among them a tacit assertion about scientists altering the data (for either money or politics). You palmed that card well, but you can't logically reach some of the conclusions you did without it. It is untrue. Moreover, it is seriously difficult to even imagine...

Substitute the word "selecting" what suits their purpose, with altering, while guising it in the jargon of statistics, coupled with a god complex, and I'd say you have pretty much summed it up.

You snits really do need to be taken down a notch. It is kind of fun watching you canniblize each other from the sidelines.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement