UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10543  
Subject: Black Friday is too Far Away!! Date: 10/8/2012 12:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well. This isn't a call for help so much as a bitch session.

A few days before I got the new center a couple times when we turned on the system to watch TV we noticed no sound was coming out of the old Altec Lansing. We'd power off the old Sony AVR a time or two and voila, all speakers back.

Then I got my new Atlantic tech center and oh the joy!

Two days ago I turned it all on and no sound from the center other than a quiet buzzing sound that I couldn't hear without sticking my ear right up to the grill. It took no less than 5 cycles of on/off to get the center sound back.

Last night turned it on and everything sounded great right off the bat.

But today there is no joy in the swamp.

Cycled the AVR on/off numerous times. Waited till it was warmed up and did it again. Only got the buzz, sometimes not even the buzz. Changed the speaker wire, no change. Switched the center to the right front speaker to be sure the center still works. It does.

One time, only one time we got the center to come back on. But it sounded horrible, very muddy and no flipping of the speaker switches on its back helped at all.

So now we're listening on the phantom setting and it sounds muddy or muffled, can't decide, either way it's annoying. I can't imagine waiting till Black Friday hoping it will drop in price then. But though I am pretty darn sure DH now agrees that "yup, this thing is nearly toast". Until it actually turns up its toes I think I still have to wait 7 more weeks.

*groan*

RM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement