Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 461  
Subject: Block Chief Resigns Date: 11/20/2007 10:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/071120/hrblock_ceo.html?.v=3

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - H&R Block Inc (NYSE:HRB - News) replaced Chairman and Chief Executive Mark Ernst on Tuesday following mounting subprime mortgage losses and criticism that the largest U.S. tax preparer had strayed far beyond its roots.

Richard Breeden, 57, a former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman who won three H&R Block board seats in September after a proxy fight, was named chairman."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 449 of 461
Subject: Re: Block Chief Resigns Date: 11/21/2007 3:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I take this as a potential good sign. H&R Block needs to refocus on the company's core Tax Preparation business and do that business well.

Kahuna,CFA

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 450 of 461
Subject: Re: Block Chief Resigns Date: 11/21/2007 4:07 PM
Agreed. Ernst was a real piece of work, and this has been a long time coming.
Ray

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement