Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: averagjoe Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 167497  
Subject: Blood pressure 650/500 Date: 12/11/2005 12:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 171
Just as I expected, my 600/450 post was deleted after 20 hours and 147 recommendations, "due to profanity". The profanities were quotes from messages by posters on the PA board that were allowed to stand as posted, but were found to be a no-no when referencing them. So let's try this again, with some euphemisms in place of the offending words.

"No kidding. I'd just measured it and that's what it is: 600/450 and rising

Why? Because after 28 hours and 65 recommendations, my "Miss Cameltoe Universe" post was deleted with a stern reminder about adhering to "community standards".

Mind you, these are the same community standards that supports both a "Christian Fools" and an "Atheist Fools" board, and pay lip service to open discussions, debate and opinions, whose net result are "Bush is a rectum!" type of posts adorning the top of the "Best of" list on a daily basis: high standards indeed.

But it also appears to be a standard that tacitly accepts solitary shouts of displeasure by namby-pamby misfits, mama's boys and moral fanatics lurking behind keyboards in the dark, dingy ratholes of back-alley apartments, and passively submit to their whiny wishes by deleting any post supposedly ruffling their delicate feathers.

It's OK to say that the President eats excreta, the Pope is an alternate life-style nazi and the U.S. is a terrorist state, but let a singular wrinkle appear on a bikini bottom, and the displeasure of one suddenly overrules the enjoyment of the rest. How in hell can you adhere to a standard this vague?

~aj

P.S. I want my 147 recs back.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement