UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (69) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976861  
Subject: Re: Ripe for a deal Date: 11/26/2012 1:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
BlueGrits;"For those using the "it's being taxed twice" argument, tell me:

"1) What are you doing to eliminate sales tax in your area? After all, your income has already been taxed and now it's being taxed again when you spend it. Surely that fits right into your argument!"

The welfare weenies don't pay any income taxes.

As to me.....I buy a lot of stuff on line and at swap meets..that eliminates sales taxes. A lot of folks barter and do 'under the table' deals. eliminates all taxes. In Greece,half the economy is underground.
----------

"2) Income tax can be paid on multiple levels. What are you doing to tell your state that it can no longer tax your income because the feds already do so?"

I moved to a state with no income tax. Simple. There are 3 of them.

-------

"3) If you own property, you probably pay property tax to multiple entities -- city, county, school district. Sure, they may all be combined into one bill, but you're still being taxed multiple times on something you already bought (and paid taxes/fees for when you did!). What are you doing to tell any of those entities they have no right to tax you multiple times on the same property?"

Actually, you pay taxes wherever you live on real estate....now that I am 65, my taxes are frozen in this town. Won't go up. I'm getting a good deal...... and of course, the more house you buy, the bigger your taxes. you don't want big taxes, live in the boonies in a modest house and pay almost nothing in TX.

---------

"4) What are you doing to tell the city/state/county that you shouldn't be charged any taxes on your car?"

Live in a state with no personal property taxes. Like TX....I hated the personal property tax in VA when I lived there.

----------

" After all, you paid taxes once on your income and what you do with after it shouldn't be taxed, right? "

NO, it is taxed and taxed and taxed. 25% of the price of gasoline is added in taxes. That on top of the oil companies paying half their income in other taxes and passing it on. If all those taxes went away, gas would be about a buck a gallon.

Every time you turn around you are taxed. MOre tax, this tax.

Look at your phone bills....25% tax and fees added on!.....

It's getting insane and will get worse. The government machines demand more and more and more revenues to fund the welfare weenie entitlement states.

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (69) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement