UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Sand105 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41594  
Subject: BMW Analysis Engine v2.3 Released Date: 7/18/2007 9:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
Greetings all.

Based on a nice request from DrunkenScotsman I have added a second Watch List that calculates IV along with CAGR returns to 0 and -1 RMS over 2, 3, and 5 years. The CAGR returns are also added into the Portfolio section.

http://www.filespace.org/Sand101/BMW2.3.zip
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25730 of 41594
Subject: Re: BMW Analysis Engine v2.3 Released Date: 7/18/2007 10:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sand, I installed the spreadsheet for the first time. I followed the instructions in the help file.

I could only add the 2 xla add-ins. The XLChartlabler.exe I assume is not an add-in. (I put the add-ins and .exe in the same dir as the spreadsheet, even though the RCH add-in download site said to put it in /program/add-in).

I had to run the RCH replace all. I had about 1600 hits, the help said to expect 1012. D1 shows the correct formula now.

When I fill in the stock symbol I get:
Formula in worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify formulas contain valid path, workbook name or cell reference.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks, Tom

Author: Sand105 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25742 of 41594
Subject: Re: BMW Analysis Engine v2.3 Released Date: 7/19/2007 12:44 PM
I could only add the 2 xla add-ins. The XLChartlabler.exe I assume is not an add-in. (I put the add-ins and .exe in the same dir as the spreadsheet, even though the RCH add-in download site said to put it in /program/add-in).

Run the .exe file for this one, it should install the add-in. Make sure it is activated (along with the other two) in the Tools-->Addins dropdown. It doesn't matter where you put the addins physically as long as you install them and then activate them. The reason for the global replace is to take out the external explicit address of the addin and use the implicit one that excel sets when you install and activate.

For the replace, I just played with it and got 1774 replacements.

One thing to check is make sure you are using v1.3h of the RCH addin. Don't use the beta.

It sounds like an issue with the RCH file. Open a fresh copy of the excel file and do the replace again. When you check, cell E1 (Graphs Tabs) should be exactly:

=RCHGetYahooQuotes(Ticker,"n")

Cell E2 should be exactly:

=RCHGetElementNumber(Ticker,13865)

Hopefully that works. When I get home tonight I'll download to my other machine and make sure the replace works right and it will fire up.

Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25769 of 41594
Subject: Re: BMW Analysis Engine v2.3 Released Date: 7/19/2007 10:31 PM
I ran XLChartLabler.exe and that solved the reference problem. I shows up in the Add-in list now. I checked the E1 and E2 cells and I have the right value. I input the ticker now, and don't get an error, but I don't get any data loaded either. I am going to play with it some more and see if I can figure out whats going on. Many thanks for your help. Tom

Author: Sand105 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25772 of 41594
Subject: Re: BMW Analysis Engine v2.3 Released Date: 7/20/2007 2:42 AM
I ran XLChartLabler.exe and that solved the reference problem. I shows up in the Add-in list now. I checked the E1 and E2 cells and I have the right value. I input the ticker now, and don't get an error, but I don't get any data loaded either. I am going to play with it some more and see if I can figure out whats going on. Many thanks for your help. Tom

I imported it onto my big machine downstairs. It did 1673 replacements (this is the officially correct number). Other than that it worked fine.

Do you have the obvious things covered? Make sure you don't have macro security on high. Make sure you aren't replacing the equals sign during the global replace? Lord knows I've done both of those...

I don't know how else to help, though.

Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25787 of 41594
Subject: Re: BMW Analysis Engine v2.3 Released Date: 7/20/2007 4:35 PM
essentially started from scratch and its working now. Thanks very much. Awesome spreadsheet. Tom

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement