UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: OtherVoices Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308454  
Subject: BOA BT offer Date: 6/26/2007 8:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm always on the look-out for good BT offers and today I think I got one from BOA. I say "I think" because I've never done business with BOA.

The offer is for 0% for 12 billing cycles for purchases, balance transfers and cash advance checks. There's no annual fee and no balance transfer fees (something I haven't come across in a long time). It then goes back to the regular rate of prime plus 3.99%, currently 12.24%.

Anybody want to give me some input on BOA, good or bad?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: idlenote One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254910 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/26/2007 9:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Had to go to the BOA website to remind myself about them. I had one BT with them, and my MBNA account was transferred to them when they were taken over by BOA. They lived up to their end of the agreement and I lived up to mine so everything was paid off.

Dealing with the BOA website though - what a nightmare. Compared to Chase or Amex it seems to take for ever to get to where you want to go. I just do not like dealing with them over this. Also, be prepared to get convenience checks a couple of times a month. Very irritating.

Jim

Author: bingocards Three stars, 500 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254913 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/26/2007 10:06 PM
I've been widely satisfied with my relationship with BoA for about 7 years (interest rates on deposits excepted), and find their website is probably the best of all the financial sites I use on a regular basis. Your mileage may vary.

I should point out that I have rather little experience with them as a creditor, other than having a single small credit card which I pay in full every month. And, full disclosure, I am a shareholder -- I figured it was the only way to ever get decent interest out of them :)

Author: bmillz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254917 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/26/2007 10:46 PM

I've been happy with my BofA credit card for the most part. They do tend to have interest rates on the higher end though.

In terms of their website, I think your happiness with it will depend on if you have any other accounts there. My checking account is with them and one nice thing is that when I log into my profile, the checking and credit card accounts are listed right next to each other.

Author: ARRazorback Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254929 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/27/2007 10:32 AM
Recommendations: 1
They totally suck.

ARR

Author: mastiffmama Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254931 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/27/2007 11:37 AM

We use them for checking and DH has a card there. The website has been tweaked a lot lately, but doesn't bother me. I haven't had any problems with them.

They did give DH a fairly low limit on his BT request compared to Discover, but that was early in our payoff when his credit wasn't so hot.

mm

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254935 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/27/2007 11:58 AM
Recommendations: 1
I recently got a similar offer from them on a card I have had for years, but rarely use. The offer they gave me was 0%, 12 billing cycles, but I did have to pay a $90 fee. I decided the fee was worth it since I took out nearly the whole available amount and plan to let it sit my ING MM fund for just under a year, earning about $1k after the fee. I have done this kind of thing before and expect it to work well, as long as I stay on top of the rate expiration date.

I have never had a problem with BoA that I can recall. We have 3 (essentially unused) cards now with them, since the 2 cards that were formerly MBNA are now BoA. The only thing I have noticed is that they tend to raise your limit ridiculously high, which could be a problem for anyone tempted to see the ginormous amount of pretend money and say "Whoa! Where's that safari literature I was looking at?"

In general, my favorite CC issuer is Citibank, which gives me cash back (CitiDividends) and seems to keep the credit line within reasonable limits. They also call me if it looks like there is any unusual activity on my card; I don't think any other CC issuer has done that for me.

Author: Hohum77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254988 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/28/2007 2:44 AM
I'm always on the look-out for good BT offers and today I think I got one from BOA. I say "I think" because I've never done business with BOA.

The offer is for 0% for 12 billing cycles for purchases, balance transfers and cash advance checks. There's no annual fee and no balance transfer fees (something I haven't come across in a long time). It then goes back to the regular rate of prime plus 3.99%, currently 12.24%.

A Bank as large as BoA being that generous? CC companies typically front-end the charge i.e. BT fee, and let you have the 0% for 6, 12 or 15 months. Are you certain they aren't hiding the fee under some other name e.g. transaction fee. Also, what's the credit limit on the account? I had a nice experience when the card issuer was MBNA, but nothing really exciting as BoA.

Hohum

Author: OtherVoices Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254991 of 308454
Subject: Re: BOA BT offer Date: 6/28/2007 6:25 AM
A Bank as large as BoA being that generous? CC companies typically front-end the charge i.e. BT fee, and let you have the 0% for 6, 12 or 15 months. Are you certain they aren't hiding the fee under some other name e.g. transaction fee. Also, what's the credit limit on the account? I had a nice experience when the card issuer was MBNA, but nothing really exciting as BoA.

I can't find any hidden fees and I've read the offer over and over again. The only "hidden" thing I found was that if I do any "non-online direct deposits or cash advances" after August 11th, the standard APR for that will be 24.24% (rather than 12.24%) when the 0% expires.

Don't know what the credit limit on the account would be. I'm inclined to open the account first and then transfer, so that they don't approve me for something smaller than the BT and put me over-the-limit immediately. I have a 1.99% rate with Chase that's set to expire on October 3rd, and I'm thinking this offer might be the one to use now. I could then snowball the account and pay it off before the 12 cycles or BT again (possibly back to Chase) at the end if I hit any bumps and don't get it paid off in time.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement