No. of Recommendations: 2
Board morph is inevitable. Absolutely unavoidable.

I think a case can be made for letting the mental case post here again. I'm serious! Hear me out on this one.

There was a link here not too long ago to a thread over on the Dory36 board. I never actually had seen this hocus character in action (I signed up here a little after the point at which he was ejected), so I went over to that thread to see what all the fuss was about. Truth be told, I was all but certain that Dory36 would be giving this guy the boot before the thread was over, and I couldn't resist taking a look. It was like driving by an accident scene on the highway, you know?

Anyway, it turns out that I actually learned something from reading the thread. I learned that hocus is just as much of a math-challenged dimwit as I always presumed he was from listening to what everyone here says about him! He says on the thread that he doesn't have Excel installed on his computer. And yet he presumes to tell us that he knows the "true" SWR. What a hoot!

The really funny thing was that there was this fellow SalaryGuru who tore all of the hoco-logic into tiny little bits. And hocus didn't have the excuse of claiming that there was disruption or deception or ridicule or personal attack on the thread. Dory36 made it clear early on that he wasn't going to stand for any of that stuff when he deleted one post that clearly went over the line. So even hocus had no choice in the end but to walk away like a dog with a tail between his legs. I got another good laugh out of that one!

I say, Let the Public Execution of Hocus--er, I mean, the Great SWR Debate (yeah, right!)--begin!

http://early-retirement.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=saferate_board;action=display;num=1080235218
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement