UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88997  
Subject: Board promo Date: 10/21/2012 3:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Hi, I’m MichaeR one of the responders on Help With This Home Theater board. If you are thinking of upgrading your home theater or just getting the best bang for your buck with what you have, ask those who have done it (without great expense) at Help With This Home Theater.

Should I buy an amplifier that upconverts and upscales? Find out at Help With This Home Theater. What is upconverting and upscaling? Find out on Help With This Home Theater

Help With This Home Theater explains – without overly technical verbiage – how you can enjoy all of the advances made in Home Theater and do so at moderate cost. Help With This Home Theater has already helped many in deciding what to buy for best result and at a price that doesn’t whack the wallet.

If you wonder how to set up your own Home Theater then the expert responders at Help With This Home Theater can guide you into having a Home Theater that will amaze: bright, clear picture and sound that can make you believe you’re there

If you are ever concerned how you can buy but don’t want to be confused by what is said by retail store clerks then get the cutting edge of how to appear as if you do know what you want then Help With This Home Theater can give you tools.

The Motley Fool exists because the founders wanted you to know more and be able to act on what you know. Help With This Home Theater is cast in this same mold of not only getting the best bang for the buck but knowing how to do it.

Visit Help With This Home Theater today and, with the expert advice coming from the skilled responders you can have a Home Theater your neighbors will envy and have that delightful experience in mere weeks.

Do it!

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87142 of 88997
Subject: Re: Board promo Date: 10/22/2012 12:49 PM
Recommendations: 2
Michael, the text on the promo over there ----------> for the new Board of the Week promo has been shamelessly stolen from your post. I'm offering advance apologies, but in my defense, nobody slings the...um...promotional copy like you do.

Richard

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87145 of 88997
Subject: Re: Board promo Date: 10/22/2012 1:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
For the Board of the Week promos, you may need a promo to promo the new feature. The promo seeking Board of the Week promos should ask reading to write a promo for the board that want nominate.

PSU
overusing the word promo

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87149 of 88997
Subject: Re: Board promo Date: 10/22/2012 3:09 PM
Recommendations: 2
Michael, the text on the promo over there ----------> for the new Board of the Week promo has been shamelessly stolen from your post. I'm offering advance apologies, but in my defense, nobody slings the...um...promotional copy like you do.

Richard

Glad to have contributed.

Back in the day when I owned an advertising agency I wrote most of the clients’ promo copy because when we started I couldn’t afford additional copywriters. As we grew I did hire several writers yet still had a hand in writing and copy direction.

Eventually we got to be ‘noticed’ by other agencies (mainly because I was stealing their clients) and one, BBDO, made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. However, the proviso was I didn’t come with the sale. Why? They thought me a pitchman more suited to selling tomato slicers at fairgrounds than possibly being within their exalted ranks. So I took the money and ran.

I then got a job as an editor at a trade publishing company and stayed there for two years until I was fired for, in a fit of boredom, setting fire to my wastepaper basket. They liked me but, as their president said, ‘We value your ability to sell magazines yet we don’t know what you’ll do next.”

Maybe BBDO was right.

MichaelR

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87150 of 88997
Subject: Re: Board promo Date: 10/22/2012 3:16 PM
‘We value your ability to sell magazines yet we don’t know what you’ll do next.”

I'd consider that an excellent bullet point on any resume. Well, maybe not an armored truck driver, but still...

Richard

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87232 of 88997
Subject: Re: Board promo Date: 11/11/2012 3:21 PM
Thanks for your work, Michael. I haven't done the home theater thing yet and I will be sure to visit your board before I do.

Peter

Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 87234 of 88997
Subject: Re: Board promo Date: 11/11/2012 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks for your work, Michael. I haven't done the home theater thing yet and I will be sure to visit your board before I do.

Peter

Looking forward to that time, Peter.

MichaelR

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement