Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (56) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JYRebel Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 166627  
Subject: Re: A Tale of Six Boys Date: 3/26/2006 4:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 67
bogus
conscript
religious right
detestable

Strong words tenworlds. I read the thread and frankly was surprised at your anger. I agree that the additional paragraph should not have been attached without disclosing it was written by a second author. This is clearly dishonest, but not worthy of your obvious anger and contempt.

So I went back and reread the offensive paragraph:

Let us never forget from the Revolutionary War to the current War on Terrorism and all the wars in between that sacrifice was made for our freedom. Remember to pray praises for this great country of ours and also pray for those still in murderous unrest around the world. STOP and thank God for being alive and being free at someone else's sacrifice.

I haven't posted much on TMF in a while because I am sick of the anger and intolerance of the loud extreme left majority here. I stick to stock and humor boards for the same reasons. Because I haven't posted in a while I should let you know where I'm coming from. I am a proud American. I believe in God. I am not a Religious Right fanatic, but in my experience the vast majority of Christians are not fanatic religious zealots. Certainly not as fanatic as our critics.

You however interrupted my enjoyment of this board so I am compelled to respond. I see nothing in this paragraph that is even slightly offensive. The writer urges thanks for the individuals that fought and died for our freedom. The author then urges prayer and thanksgiving to God. I would obviously agree with your fear and anger if the author had threatened jihad or other violence to require compliance, but instead the author simply gave an opinion.

Lighten up tenworlds, your agenda is showing.

Have you forgotten?

JYRebel
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (56) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement