UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Bond/Corporate Bond Date: 9/11/2008 4:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Perhaps a bit of discussion is in order on some of these.

You could just about do a text book on these kinds of terms.

Do you want long text entries.

Do you want lots of cross references.

How do we manage this.

And note that the Bond & Fixed Income board has an excellent FAQ that is almost a full text book (with mucho contributors).

(I was founder of the Bond board)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Har1en Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 338 of 597
Subject: Re: Bond/Corporate Bond Date: 9/11/2008 5:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My position is that the Motleypedia should be a resource guide with simple, snappily written definitions. If someone is going to an entry like that, they are usually looking for references and a brief description.

Let the references do the heavy lifting and the text do the overview and entertainment.

So, in other words, I think I agree with you.

Har1en

Author: TMFMoby Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 353 of 597
Subject: Re: Bond/Corporate Bond Date: 9/12/2008 10:25 AM
Recommendations: 1
Hi pauleckler -- I'd say make sure you answer the most common question "what is a bond/what is a corporate bond?" in the quick definition.

This is why we encourage that section. Most readers will get their answer and go on about their lives. They won't have to dig through lots of content to find it. This allows us to write as much as we want.

We're looking for whatever you think would be useful to a reader grouped into appropriate subheaders. Types of bonds, taxation on bonds, etc. Some of these will be lists, others will be longer chunks of text.

Wikis are additive in nature. Create the structure of great and useful bond article and the community will fill it out over time.

And by the way, if there's a textbook of material about bonds on the boards, feel free to copy it over into Flossary. No reason to recreate excellence.

Jeremy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement