UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: common29 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: bonds Date: 1/20/2003 6:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been doing a lot of reading about bonds but I haven't found where to go to get a list of available bonds (corporate) and their ratings, etc.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Bob
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35592 of 76418
Subject: Re: bonds Date: 1/21/2003 11:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
First common, check out the Bond board in Fooldom. Enter bond in the board box below and press find.

There's a list of links in message 218 on the bond board you might find interesting--though some are out of date.

Standard & Poors, Moody's and Fitch all rate bonds. All have web sites where you can get recent information. However, those are subscription services.

A good source of information on bond ratings is the S&P Corporate series, a monthly paperback book, usually found in the reference department of your local library. Moody's data can also be found there.

CBS Market Watch used to list listed bonds by their ratings on their website. Last I looked that list had been discontinued. I have not seen a recent one.

By far most bonds are traded over the counter. That is they are not listed on a major exchange. You will usually find a list of available bond offered by most brokers and bond dealers. Who ever offers you a bond will almost always be able to supply you with its bond rating--because ratings are fundamental to the bond business.

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35597 of 76418
Subject: Re: bonds Date: 1/21/2003 3:58 PM
Recommendations: 2
common29 wrote:

...I haven't found where to go to get a list of available bonds (corporate) and their ratings

Have you tried http://www.bondsonline.com/ and http://www.bondpage.com/ ? They have an enormous amount of information on this subject. You can even open an online bond trading account.

Russ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement