UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RJoeseph Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35257  
Subject: Bonds -> ATT EIGHTS Date: 1/22/2002 11:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Where can I look up Corporate bonds on fool.com or elsewhere? Particularly, I was looking for AT&T Eights????
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2853 of 35257
Subject: Re: Bonds -> ATT EIGHTS Date: 1/22/2002 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not on the Fool.

Look over the past week's worth of posts; there are a few websites that get brought up regularly, and some that get mentioned occasionally.

Author: trico8xll Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2857 of 35257
Subject: Re: Bonds -> ATT EIGHTS Date: 1/22/2002 8:40 PM
Try Bondsonline.com and Bondvillage.com.

Author: upatnite2 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2858 of 35257
Subject: Re: Bonds -> ATT EIGHTS Date: 1/22/2002 8:58 PM
This past weekend, I've gone through the sites posted here, but I still haven't been able to figure something out. Can anyone help?

If the interest on the corp. bonds are paid out semi-annually, what happens to the accrued interest from the last time it was paid out, and the time the bonds are bought (e.g. 2 months after the last time an interest payment was due)?

-upatnite2.

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2859 of 35257
Subject: Re: Bonds -> ATT EIGHTS Date: 1/22/2002 11:08 PM
The seller gets the interest up to the date of sale. The buyer is charged the accrued interest on his/her confirm statement from the broker. This is correct, because the buyer will collect the 6 mos. interest coupon on the regular payment date.

Author: upatnite2 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2861 of 35257
Subject: Re: Bonds -> ATT EIGHTS Date: 1/23/2002 1:41 AM
Thanks!! It makes more sense now.

I guess thats just one more variable in the equation (affecting the yield somewhat with the prepaid interest), and even more so if there's a chance the co. defaults on it (Kmart?).
Hopefully, the prepaid interest is a wash when tax time rolls around (higher costs for the prepaid interest), offset by the higher amount in the interest payment.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement