Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sothen One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41  
Subject: BONZ will be purchased? Date: 3/8/2004 12:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So, what now? The big guy BMET said it would buy BONZ. What happens now? How am I going to value the stock? Will it still exist? Is it going to go up or down? I'm lost. Any help would be welcome. Raytoei, are you out there? Anybody?

Sothen.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hishamelrufaie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38 of 41
Subject: Re: BONZ will be purchased? Date: 3/8/2004 1:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have had 200 shares of BONZ since Dec. 2003.
I marked it "Sell" several weeks ago waiting to reduce my loss.
Now it jumped more than 2 Dollars and will be acquired by Biomet.
I am confused as much as you are.

As I follow NAIC's Stock Selection Guide and with earning estimates of $0.80 per share, the stock is in the "Buy" range.

So, I will wait to see what will happen even though if I sell now I will make $300.

Even so, If you are in doubt, sell if you will make a profit.

Hisham

Author: sothen One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 41
Subject: Re: BONZ will be purchased? Date: 3/8/2004 3:23 PM
Hisham,

The Yahoo discussion boards are far more active than this one. Did you see what people are saying there. Well between the sellers and the holders, I guess what they're saying nothing. It's just noise, but there is a lot more information.

I also am up: I bought at 11.66. But I think I will hold it. I just don't know what Biomet's plans are for this acquisition. I'll post again if I find out.

Sothen

Author: hishamelrufaie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41 of 41
Subject: Re: BONZ will be purchased? Date: 3/10/2004 3:05 PM
Sothen,

Thank you for pointing out Yahoo Board. I went there and I ....sold @14.41.

Good Luck.

P.S. Are you familiar with the NAIC way of stock selection?

Hisham

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement