UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BassAttack Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75890  
Subject: Book-Money or life Date: 8/10/1999 6:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just recieved my copy of Your money or your life by Dominguez/Robin.It notes a companion book "Getting a Life".Has anyone read this companion book?Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: retin10 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13056 of 75890
Subject: Re: Book-Money or life Date: 8/11/1999 12:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Just recieved my copy of Your money or your life by Dominguez/Robin.It notes a companion book "Getting a Life".Has anyone read this companion book?Thanks
====================================================
Yes, I have read it and enjoyed it very much. It's about a couple (Jacqueline Blix and David Heitmiller)
who actually applied the nine steps of YMOYL became financially independent and adopted a life of voluntary simplicity. They give practical ideas for how to apply the steps and share personal experiences regarding health care, children and what it was like to break the ties to corporate America.

Retin10

Author: whd23 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13067 of 75890
Subject: Re: Book-Money or life Date: 8/11/1999 11:50 AM
I have read "Getting A Life" and found it to be a real disappointment. The problem is that it is sold as a "companion" book, but the writers took the approach of assuming that you HADN'T read YMOYL and therefore spent half of the book rehashing the concepts from YMOYL. How that makes it a companion book I'll never understand.

My issue with the book is that I expected more from it, and was disappointed (especially since I bought it). If you can borrow it from the library and keep your expectations low, you may enjoy it more than I did. While I consider YMOYL to be a keeper for my personal library, I wouldn't bother with "Getting A Life."

-Bill

Author: BassAttack Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13074 of 75890
Subject: Re: Book-Money or life Date: 8/11/1999 2:14 PM
Appreciate the responses.Guess I will finish this one and then decide on the other book.Thanks

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement