UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: winegoddess Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3080  
Subject: Bookgrrl award Date: 3/16/2003 12:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
A well deserved congratulations to you and all of the foolish elves who have participated in your Christmas projects.

I must tell you that until today, I was certain there were no discussion boards worth my time. The few I had sampled over the years always seemed to degenerate into monosyllablic tirades and insults, or even worse, vulgar sexual innuendo. Your postings, and the rest of the Fool community's responses have given me a new appreciation for this form of communication and support. I was so moved by your postings (translation: many tears were shed)on the success of Elves projects, and the weaving of your personal journey throughout, that I felt compelled to join this community. When I signed up for a trial membership with TMF I never dreamed I would also find a compassionate, caring, and interesting group of poeple sharing ideas and acting upon them. Thank you for sharing your warm and witty perspective.

Winegoddess
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SRHCB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1203 of 3080
Subject: Re: Bookgrrl award Date: 3/16/2003 1:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
RE: Winegoddess: "I was certain there were no discussion boards worth my time"

Just a hunch, (based on your Board Name), but have you visited the Recipes/Cooking and Gestalt of Food Boards? I've never "met" a nicer bunch of people. Discussions can be serious, but rarely argumentative, and Posters overtly welcome newbies and help them engage.

And although we sometimes might get a little "naughty", (after all, foodies are quite passionate), there is very little tolerance for either pretense or vulgarity.

SB (tell them I sent you)(but deny you might really know me?)

Author: TheHotFool Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1204 of 3080
Subject: Re: Bookgrrl award Date: 3/16/2003 1:20 PM
Recommendations: 1
When I signed up for a trial membership with TMF I never dreamed I would also find a compassionate, caring, and interesting group of poeple sharing ideas and acting upon them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winegoddess, (LOVE THAT NAME!)

Welcome, and you forgot the sundry assortment of crazieeees, nutballs and of course, good do-bees!!!

We love u too!!

Uncle Jeffy

Author: winegoddess Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1205 of 3080
Subject: Re: Bookgrrl award Date: 3/16/2003 2:24 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks SB. I was planning on making the Gestalt Food board one of my next stops. Yes, I am a foodie. So many new message boards to check out! I look forward to "seeing" you there.

Winegoddess

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement