UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rasorl Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 266191  
Subject: Books for a beginner ?? Date: 1/20/2013 8:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Fools,

I am just getting started into this world of investing and am considering purchasing the following two books:

The Strategic Dividend Investor - Daniel Peris; Hardcover
Asset Allocation, 4th Ed - Roger Gibson; Hardcover

I'd appreciate any thoughts on these selections.

Foolishly yours,
rasorl
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260364 of 266191
Subject: Re: Books for a beginner ?? Date: 1/20/2013 10:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
The Strategic Dividend Investor - Daniel Peris; Hardcover

I am not familiar with this one.

Asset Allocation, 4th Ed - Roger Gibson; Hardcover

Very good book.

I am inclined to think both of these may not be the best choices for a beginner although it depends on your specific interests and level of knowledge.
I would suggest one of Eric Tyson's books especially those in the "Dummies" series.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_10?url=search-alias...
This list may provide some more ideas. http://www.bobbrinker.com/books.asp

Bob

Author: Quillnpenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260365 of 266191
Subject: Re: Books for a beginner ?? Date: 1/21/2013 12:24 AM
Recommendations: 1
More books to peruse through

http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/store.html

Quillnpenn -

Author: globalist2013 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260371 of 266191
Subject: Re: Books for a beginner ?? Date: 1/21/2013 11:04 AM
I am just getting started into this world of investing and am considering purchasing the following two books:

First, check to see if your local library has those books on their shelves or will borrow them for you. Most "investment" books are no more worth buying --with the intention to keep them-- than Harlequin romance novels.

But here's a definite classic, Ben Graham's, The Intelligent Investor. That's a book you should own, and it's where you need to begin your reading. (IMHO, 'natch) That book will introduce you to investing strategy. The two titles you mention are merely tactical.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement