Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: digger321 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 43  
Subject: BOOM Competitive Date: 3/5/2010 1:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do you think Dynamic Materials will perform competitively in the near term? Its recent statement of future earnings does not give much confidence to me of this. Or maybe this is the opportunity to jump in with both feet since the outlook could be temporary.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: anuvaka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35 of 43
Subject: Re: BOOM Competitive Date: 3/6/2010 1:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I am finding this a hard company to judge.
I set too low a buy price, it came thru and was up 2.3%
In the following days it has gone up or down 2% or more.

Today with the entire market being up, it dropped 4%+.

Something I don't understand is making this a lot more volatile than it should be. It does not follow oil prices, keeps within it's guidance yet swings wildly.
For now, I will hang in there. But I think I am looking for a get out at break even.
jC

Author: LVBYFTH One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36 of 43
Subject: Re: BOOM Competitive Date: 3/9/2010 7:35 AM
From what I've seen, the near term is what was affected. It sounds like there is a competitive market and they expect margins to decrease some, but still, we're just talking short term. For me, that means I need to keep an eye on it and watch how things go. This hopefully will be just a short term issue, but we should be on the lookout to make sure it doesn't become one long term.

I'm not sure I'll do anything at this point. I might check out option prices and sell some puts. That's probably all I'll do for now.

Good luck,
Ross

Author: anuvaka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37 of 43
Subject: Re: BOOM Competitive Date: 3/11/2010 12:45 AM
BOOM at 15.74 today and still falling.

I think it will still go down a bit, but somewhere about here looks like an entry point.
The question I see is will it recover? Or when will it recover? Might be later this year or next year.
The economy has to recover enough to make a demand for their products, other companies have to be building things that require their metals.

I'm just going to sit on it a while.

jC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement